Free Models and Media / Aalternative Third Person Character?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Available are there alternative third person character?
Or using another program allow create third person character for GameGuru ?
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 7th Jan 2016 12:27 Edited at: 7th Jan 2016 12:29
Currently third person only works with the wizard character by default, you can add custom characters by combining them with the wizards animations in a program called Animer, but you're kind of limited to the wizard animation set and a staff as a weapon otherwise you just end up shooting yourself lol. Here's a video of one I did a while ago (staffs not showing because I hadn't added a FIRESPOT to it).

Believe me when I say though, it's not easy to do, it took me quite a few attempts to get it right as you have to pose the character exactly how the wizard is posed or the animations don't work properly, here's a video of how it went wrong for me.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 7th Jan 2016 12:36 Edited at: 7th Jan 2016 12:36
Here's a thread with some videos and tips on how to do it.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/213033
kcan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2016 20:28 Edited at: 11th Jan 2016 11:55
Very thank you for rreply.

But I failed for alternative create third person character.
I think I will wait for updates.
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 02:55
Right now it seems that weapons that do not have a projectile do not work. I have the same problem with mine. I'm hoping that I can create a bullet weapon that will work. It also has to be something else about the skeleton because when I do add the staff to my character (that is based of the Game Guru skeleton) it walks fine and even shoots fine while walking, but as soon as I stop it freezes. I hope they get it sorted out so we can add any model we want without having to use a specific skeleton soon.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2016 12:27
I played around with this a while back now but could only get the staff to work with any of the 3rd person characters. maybe one day I will revisit this, but hope TGC add more flexibility with the 3rd person side so that any character/weapon can be added.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 20:01:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 20:01:54