3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Fuse and Mixamo

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2015 05:05
Guys i would recommend everyone checks this out. Fuse is a character editor that is now completely free on steam. It allows you to create characters from scratch, rig them and then animate them by upload to mixamo and this makes them Unity ready. Would anyone have a clue on how to make Unity ready characters Game Guru ready? Help please... ...this software could be the answer to my problems...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt6n87pcxbg
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2015 07:01 Edited at: 6th Sep 2015 09:26
ok just reread your post...no idea about unity sorry.....only GG
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen).
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
there some guides o the forum somewhere..how to create a characxter on fuse ..rig on mixammo and import into gg
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2015 13:56
Originally my post said that I did video tutorials on the forums but I'm not sure if u meant getting chars into unity or GG. Anyway if u want your unity characters in GG then go back to mixamo website and download the character as fbx file then if u wanted u could watch my vid tuts. Doing this from tablet so try searching for mixamo or fuse.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 02:55 Edited at: 7th Sep 2015 02:56
Bored i watched your video on youtube regarding exporting from Mixamo to Game Guru. Unfortunately i cannot afford a 3ds max license. Any idea if the same method will work through Blender or Milkshape?
PM
Kesstryl
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 06:05
I think that's why I can't follow the tutorials either, I can't afford propriety software. All I have is Blender and Fragmotion.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 07:13 Edited at: 7th Sep 2015 07:18
Hi all,

Autodesk 3DS max is only used to convert FBX to X format. open3dmod convert FBX to X and always pretty much crashes. Although Fragmotion is supposed to be able to import FBX it doesn't it just comes up with an error.
Blender also import from FBX and can export to X format.
You could also try the Truespace7.61beta8 which is free http://www.moddb.com/downloads/truespace-761-beta-8
and install Clintons FBX2 plugin: http://www.clintons3d.com/plugins/truespace/importexport/fbxinout.html

So it's just a matter of getting FBX to X. Then all being well you could continue with the tutorial post conversion process.
Autodesk also do a free converter 'Autodesk FBX Converter' which converts from FBX to Collada DAE or OBJ format. But you would still then need to import into Fragmotion or blender and then convert back out to X format.
Milkshape may also import FBX and export to X I can't remember if I tried MS, when I get spare time I will have a look.

It's finding the right tool that will export out the mesh and skeleton correctly.

Hope this helps a bit.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 14:56:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 14:56:02