3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [Video Tutorial] - Preparing FPSC classic (X9) Segments and Importing into GG - later Prefabs

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2015 21:31 Edited at: 18th Sep 2015 17:11
[edited]
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen).
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2015 23:34
Nice! Thanks for this!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2015 00:14
Great work. I would love to see you get entire levels from classic to guru. I think classic is the easiest and best indoor level editor out there.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2015 07:05 Edited at: 4th Sep 2015 07:11
@Seppgirty: Funnily enough this is what I am working on at the moment, it's a similar approach to getting the FPSC classic Prefabs into GG. As I have never done UV texture mapping, I have been using the Sketchup software to do the re-texturing of Prefabs and probably will have to do the same for the FPSC levels I make. I agree FPSC classic map editor is a fantastic tool, shame GG doesn't have a similar tool where you can just paint segments in and select wall / floor / ceiling parts as you paint just like FPSC classic

[update] - meant to mention that I have not had any problems with the FP Player sticking to the segments or not getting inside/outside the doors [but that is probably because I don't have the doors animated yet maybe ). Make sure each segment imported has Polygon collision selected. Also, if you don't have the DBO files, you can rebuild in Fragmotion or similar tool using the .X parts and .DDS textures. Not sure if I had mentioned that in my video.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 15:13:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 15:13:07