Scripts / RPG Script (New)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2015 15:13
Hello everyone,

I am currently programming an RPG script for GG and watend to throw it out for feedback, suggestions, ideas and alike.

I have attached two screen shots of the system, as you can see it has it own panel (that can be open / closed via any hotkey that a game maker can setup), script supports any amount of skills,

Game Makers can setup any amount of skills, starting levels for skills and skill points to assign per level, Game Maker can quickly let users gain EXP when they kill monsters ect via adding one small line of code to the death script.

The system also supports letting players obtain points for a skill by buying (gold ect) or just learning, this can be done direct to skill or to add skill points.

The Panel will auto size based on the amount of skills a maker gives, so there is no need to worry about changing height values, I do plan to update the software to support different panel backgrounds (images) to allow it to be custom to each game, plus location control.

Currently The code is early stage but plan to expand to support a full RPG system including Quest system (With rewards for quest complete) multi stage questing, mini-mapping support too and much more.

Please let me know what you think, feel / feed back and alike thank you

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Nathan38
Years of Service
User Offline
Will be keeping a close eye on this, looks excellent so far!
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2015 18:33 Edited at: 29th Jul 2015 09:23
Good News, I have completed the basic Questing system, I have a youtube video for it, please see link below.

This is a beta quest system, I still need to make it display quests that are currently in known to the player, but not active, and completed quests.

The system allows a quest to have as many steps as its needs. again this system is working first then I will make it looks more fancy and I will replace the panel with image support to give game makers a way to make it look more custom for their game.

Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/QB-LMpAe2i0

Specs:

Quests currently have a Name, this is used for the update messages, so "Quest Kill The King updated" (where Kill The King is the name) a Description that provides a story / more detail for the quest, and is always displayed in the quest box with the name

Internal it has a status, unknown, active, completed.

Currently the reward for my demo quest is 100 Gold, now this does tie into the RPG system, so will make a more complex system to allow a Game Maker to give health boosts, money, ect all working with the RPG System

Scripts for AI and alike all can call in features to find their quest status, and what step the player is at, update the step, ie: completed this step. so maybe talking to a AI player or killing a player updates a required step

The system will then move to the next step, so in my demo, the AI asks for food, you find food, the next step says to return to the person, as displayed and then updates to ask for water, then return to the person...

When stages are completed, it displays a updated message for the quest auto with the quest name, this is displayed for 5 seconds, bottom middle of screen, this is ontop of any text you may wish to display as part of the script.

CompleteQuest is used to move a quest to the completed status, rewards are given / controlled at the moment via the script that the AI use to display their thanks.

To display the Active quest panel a player needs to press and hold down p. but this will be moved to a more configure setting.

...As always, feed back / comments / ideas are always welcome!
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2015 09:10
looks interesting, will keep on eye on this one to see how it progresses, well done!
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen).
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2015 09:22
Thank you for your support Nathan38 and Bored of the Rings will keep this forum updated with my progress..

I plan to work on refining the quest system and RPG system today / tomorrow, I currently have setup so a player can only have one active quest, because of the lack of mouse in the game, I am building a 2nd panel that will display known quests and allow the user to select any of them to set as active but this is a work in progress.

I have coded a bit of software to give the game time of day and date, this can and does change the lighting levels to show evening / night / morning ect, this has functions to return the time of day / date to any other software but I plan to roll this script out as a different script
PM
Nathan38
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2015 19:49 Edited at: 29th Jul 2015 20:54
Video looks very promising, can't wait to see more of this. If you're planning on selling this, I'd buy it instantly, It's exactly what I need right now! Keep up the good work!

EDIT: If you need anyone to help beta test I'd be more than willing to help
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2015 20:54
Thank you Nathan38,

I honestly have not though about the sale of it yet, I want to make sure it works correctly, I am currently working on improvements to the quest system and RPG system, updates should be tomorrow or day after, will have a video / photos too,

Paul.
PM
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2015 00:27
Does the skill points actually effect gameplay? Looks good.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2015 06:44
Hi seppgirty,

Yes and no to be honest, Right now I have changed some code such as the killing of zombies to give points (exp), I have also written AI script to allow my person to learn a skill, granted this was all to test / show working, but I do plan to write more.

I do plan to write up a document with changed code snippets, so even people who are not so happy with coding could just copy and paste the death code to include exp adding and others... although the main / best way would be for someone to go into the lua files and insert the code itself.

Paul.
PM
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2015 14:10
Just an update, although there is a 2nd forum for it, new investory and chest system ( see https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/212884 )
PM
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2015 19:35
I have made more updates, the full video for the whole testing can be see at @ https://youtu.be/6cYIwVNXqfk [video=youtube]https://youtu.be/6cYIwVNXqfk[/video]
PM
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2015 17:23
New Dialog system demo via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06mOuDpXfR8 Thank you to Forum user Nathan38 for this idea!

Dialog system is a multi choice system, so you can have any amount of chat / text / options per text you want, system is based on choices as you can see from video, this gives the system a tree effect, giving you the ability to have simple or very complex chat scripts, but kept easy to setup

System also supports selection of options to move to the next "part", it also supports images to give the dialog system a better feel.

on the demo you may see the image flashes for a second on a selection, I have fixed this small bug.

The system returns the choice to the AI script, so if you wanted you ask the player if they want to take part in a quest and the "Accept" text has it own key, the returned value (selected key) is passed to AI so if a user does hit the accept, you can within the AI script give that player the quest, gold ect whatever you wish to do!

This is a new system and will expand the RPG system into a better direction, more demo / testing to come soon.

Because the Dialog system is kept external, the demo for the quest as per previous link is valid but can also be upgraded to use the dialog system too if wanted you are free to use any or all parts of the system

Paul.
PHP / HTML / JS / Jquery Programmer, Datbase Wizard, Game Maker and LUA scripter
PM
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2015 14:45
I have been testing, re-testing and where I have found small bugs been fixing and testing them to make sure all works, Chests have been upgraded to list unique items and amounts, rather than each object, shops can be sold too now, Buy and Seller gold is dynamic, sell and buy prices can be changed for each shop so giving a more dynamic system, Dialog system can be used along with shops, quests ect but can also be used stand alone.

Note, if you sell something to a shop, the item appears on the "sale" list for the shop

My next plan is to upgrade shops to support the same style for chests ect, unique objects with amounts, also to setup a small bank script to allow Game Makers to give their players a way to store gold and alike.

PHP / HTML / JS / Jquery Programmer, Datbase Wizard, Game Maker and LUA scripter
PM
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2015 18:33
Demo of basic guild system: https://youtu.be/tZmcP5lc6dM

Guilds have a name, description and I plan to make it use images too, the script is a stand alone script OR can be used along with questing, rpg or the dialog system to give a more complete game play, the demo video uses just its own code.

Script allows AI to add player to a guild and a start reputation, default is 0, or to remove a player from a guild, AI can check membership of a guild and get a players rep for a guild

The system supports dislike and likes for guilds, in my demo Warlocks hate vampires, to save on multi lines of code for each AI to check for all "dislikes" and if you added a new dislike you would have to update each AI script, SO to fix this the system has a dislike check system, you can check directly for a dislike, so warlocks and vampires OR there is a function that scans for dislikes and returns any matches,

so if Warlocks hated vampires, Knights ect the script would return IF the player was a member of any of the disliked groups, again this should save time and problems compared to having to run the checks yourself via multi lines of code for each AI, this method requires one command if you want to use it and can update the central script with likes and dislikes

Functions also include the ability to improve or remove guild rep with any value, as you can see from the demo when I join the vampires and talk to the Warlock guild they don't llike me and my guild rep for Warlock drops to a negative number,

Because of the simple call functions you could make is to a negative rep causes the person to attack the player or alike.

A Massive thank you to Nathan38 for the idea, Hopefully this is on the right tracks for their view of it!

Paul.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2015 21:03
whats happened ? i was following you and you dropped off the planet
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 20:09:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 20:09:55