Product Chat / GameGuru V1.01.002 Released!

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 10:07
Hi,

Today we're releasing V1.01.002, a big update that brings you new visual controls, improved third person camera controls, the ability to use your avatars from the character creator in multiplayer and many other tweaks, fixes and improvements. Here are the main highlights;

Third Person
* Extra camera properties for this gameplay mode
* Improve camera collision
* Added dynamic light effect to any projectile fired by player
* Added 'Camera Locked' property to third person camera for isometrics
* Restored system of auto-targeting if in camera locked mode
* Camera Offset values allow you to shift the camera for over-shoulder views
* New Run Mode option!
* 'Show Reticle' controls visibility of the third person crosshair

Editor
* You can now use mouse wheel to zoom in and out of free flight mode
* No more water clipping when viewing editor terrain from a distance
* When in entity SPRAY MODE (press I), no longer need to hold SHIFT
* New feature; hold down Ctrl+MouseWheel in free flight to adjust Y-camera clipping NOTE: You can use camera clip by pressing TAB in the IDE editor
* Supports middle button mouse press for camera drag and pan control
* Entities on 'auto find floor' no longer sink below terrain
* Can now put entities on top of other entities of any size
* Marker (player start) entities no longer cast shadows for cleaner visual

Widget
* Added keys 1 through 6 for widget rotation control of entity
* Changed TOOLTIP Test Level to Test Game (aligns with tutorials)
* Widget alignment fix when 'looking up from horizon'

Weapons
* Added dynamic light effect to exploding fireball
* Added SPOT LIGHTING to weapon properties or dynamic spot light effect
* Added dofdistance and dofintensity fields in GUNSPEC for DOF override
* Added smoothing so when enter scope mode, DOF effect fades out slower

Graphics
* Added Vignette to post process shader for more modern game look
* Added general motion blur to post process shader on HIGHEST
* Extended MOTION BLUR to all shader levels as it smooths at low FPS
* Added Depth-Of-Field effect to post process shader (far distance only). NOTE: For MOTION+DOF you need Bloom Level to be a value of one or more
* Added slider panel for POST EFFECTS control (bloom, motion blur, dof)
* New support in LIGHTRAY shader for sun color and strength (skyspec.txt)

LUA Scripting
* Added six new LUA commands to control new POST EFFECTS in scripts;
* SetPostVignetteRadius(v) where v controls the size of the vignette effect
* SetPostVignetteIntensity(v) where v controls the strength of the vignette
* SetPostMotionDistance(v) where v controls distance at which blur starts
* SetPostMotionIntensity(v) where v controls the intensity of motion blur
* SetPostDepthOfFieldDistance(v) where v controls distance DOF starts
* SetPostDepthOfFieldIntensity(v) where v controls the strength of DOF
* Added zoomhidecrosshair to GUNSPEC to hide crosshair when zoomed (sniper)

Performance
* Changed way the weapon ray iterations work for increased performance

Media
* Added new SKYBANK choice called FOREST, special thanks to MR LOGAN!
* Updated Fantasy Level with new FOREST sky and balanced DOF settings

Characters
* Character physics capsules are now created proportional to their size
* Improved 'rate of fire' to produce a less 'timed repeat' feel to it
* Fixed Medieval and Zombie characters so they are not floating
* Discontinued use of OFFY in FPE settings and fixed capsule physics

Multiplayer
* Character Creator characters can now be used as your avatar in multiplayer sessions
* Chat messages that exceed maximum length are now truncated properly rather than losing the last few characters
* You can no longer pick up weapons and ammo when the final score screen is being displayed

Misc
* When saving standalone game that includes Cartoon Gun, works fine now
* Many other fixes and tweaks!

Can you please post any issues with this build into this thread.

Thanks!
Development Director

TGC Team
Devcore35
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 12:45
Hello,

I tested it's great
TGC Congratulations! Very good update !
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 16:17
Excellent release well done TGC I just need to understand how to work the post effects
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 16:26
Thank you. They are controlled in the metrics panel on the lower right.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 17:03
well i am happy to with this update.
All my critters works great now, no more bouncing and sinking.
Thank you Lee, that you listened, and for the testing work.

Harry
Harry
PM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 17:44
I appear to have a FPS drop, running 'limbo' I'm getting about 27 fps (post effects aren't making much of an impact, it was those I was testing). I do have latest AMD drivers (which were a bit of a pain to get set up, not going to lie).
I forgot to run before the upgrade for comparison, I'd expect a little more on 6GB VRAM, but there are all sorts o issues not in my favour: Windows 10, etc., so it's well possible I'm an exception rather than the norm.

By way of comparison I can run GTA V at 60fps with all settings maxed out (bar MSAA which causes graphics corruption on my cards), so was hoping for a tiny bit more.. :p

I like the post-effects, I don't really seem to notice any motion blur though, even maxing it doesn't seem to do much?

Will be playing with it a little more soon, need to get around to picking my DLC's, I hope there isn't a time limit on that I'm very indecisive!
Custom Mac Pro (2014): OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) and Windows 10 Pro:

Octa-threaded Xeon E5 v2 @ 3.7Ghz [9775]; Dual AMD FirePro D500 (3GB VRAM Each) [3769]; 12GB RAM [2517]; 512GB SSD [9074];
TodaysKiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 17:57
Strong work everyone! I haven't been able to test it myself but I will soon!
To the point on just focusing on one thing until it's AAA... I think performance needs a big improvement, and My personal opinion is the track you all are on now is great!

Including different things for different people to enjoy (graphical improvements, performance work, new entities, LUA's, etc). Instead of just focusing on one of these topics I think you should keep up with the mixture of things while continuing to make everyone happy.

An Example: let's say it takes 2 months to completely optimize the game to your liking, without focusing on anything else. (or hardly at all). You could focus on 1/4 of everything else (like you're doing now) and please everyone . So within a year or so span you can have a lot of it taken care of instead of just having a few of the things having "AAA" status.

That's just my opinion though...but when I read that you might bring back the Polling system that'd be great too!

Again, the Dev team is awesome (and the mods). So whichever path you decide to take i'll be right along with you enjoying the ride!

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication (and I'm a noob at GG)...but I can tell this year will be amazing!
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 17:57
absolutely wonderful update, works really well, thank you Lee and the team
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 18:11
Just been playing around with the 3rd person, vignette and motion blur effects......fantastic..... now I really must do more LUA scripting......
vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 18:18 Edited at: 11th Jun 2015 18:34
Nice update, Looks like the enemies are reacting from a longer distance. Graphics looks good, one thing is a pity I am having a FPS drop from 5 - 10 FPS.

Lenovo laptop : AMD A10 5750M, 2.5 ghz quad core; 6 gb ram; AMD Radeon HD 8650G + R5 M230 Dual Graphics
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 19:44
Quote: "Character physics capsules are now created proportional to their size "

Generally seems to work very well, thanks, but I'm having trouble with fpe scaled (shrunk) characters - they sink into terrain. fpe scaled up characters have some bizarre twitching going on now. Not insurmountable though
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 21:20
Awesome update, thanks team
I'll prove it thoroughly next weekend.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 22:27 Edited at: 11th Jun 2015 22:27
Nice update. Only problems Ive found is ai still cant walk in houses and when in game edit mode switching to edit entity mode makes avatar no longer shoot and glow green like he is selected. I hope the next update has a lot of fixes for placing objects in houses etc. Oh and how do you unlock something that you have locked?
PM
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 22:55
Press shift + left mouse
Harry
PM
Pepeluis
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!

But it has emerged me a problem not let me play.
When testing the game, the screen is dark.

The pictures I uploaded,they are an example of the game in 3ª person.

The second is when shot.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 01:37
Have you tried editing the setting in the metrics panel?
( tab tab ) when in test game mode?
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Pepeluis
Years of Service
User Offline
Not,I copied and pasted the news archives in the old.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 03:02
?
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 03:13
??
Can I get a little more detail please? May I also get your machine specs and graphics card and your operating system also.
Screen shots if possible.
Thanks

Pepeluis
Years of Service
User Offline
Pirate Myke,I have resolved.

I had to move the Bloom bar to the right,and then to left.

Thanks
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 16:05
Good to hear. Glad it is working for you now.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2015 13:18
I can no longer scroll around to view or move entities using the ide window next to the properties panel? Is this a deliberate change? I used to use this method a lot for fine placement of objects.

Also, anyone else getting the effect where in third person the wizard is fixed to the player start marker when testing game? The player camera moves, but the wizard character just rotates and animates as expected but won't move off the spot. Sometimes the wizard character flashes between where it should be in front of the camera and back to where the player start marker is. Doesn't happen with fresh maps (at least so far), but is happening with existing maps. I'm trying to narrow it down but no luck so far.

Cheers.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2015 15:11 Edited at: 13th Jun 2015 15:27
Ok Two things here ....

Firstly if you click properties you should hold RMB down and move mouse to rotate .... Does that not work for you ?

Second question .... Sounds like you have 3rd person "run" mode set to yes ..... if so then the player will stand static unless you use the WASD keys
Set "run" to off in the properties if you don't want this feature on ..... However .... with "run" set to yes if you press RMB it also works as normal so you get the best of both worlds

This video explains it better ...this is run mode set to yes..... I move using the WASD keys ...then I hold the RMB down and move around ..... Does this help or is it a different issue altogether ?

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2015 15:20
@cybernescence:
Quote: " I have noticed that some models wont let you Navigate around them anymore in the properties view of an object."

I have written this up, but have not heard the status back on it.

on the second question: if there a way we can get a video capture, of what you see?

Thanks.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2015 16:53
Thanks guys.

re the first issue - holding the RMB (.ie. normal operation from last build) does nothing. I've tried various combinations with shift, ctrl, mouse wheel etc in case it had changed but the objects seemed to maximise in the view port and then can't be moved or viewed as before.

re the second. If I delete and move the start marker and reattach the wizard then the game starts at the new start marker position but it appears to be also still registering where the old position was - the TP wizard rendering position rapidly flicks between where it should be (in front/offset of the moving camera - and I can rotate around the wizard) but there is also a wizard rendered at the start marker position that is moving (animated and rotating) but is fixed in x,z position of the start marker position (original position). When I try and video capture it - the flickering stops (between the two alternating wizard image positions) but the player cam leaves behind the wizard at the fixed start marker place (and it's now as if it's in first person view apart from the wizard animating and rotating in a fixed position to the WASD and mouse moves).
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2015 19:58
On a clean flat map.
Can you try the dented explosive red barrel?
That one is still doing what I would expect to see.

Character seem no go, anything with a bone, no go.
Some are hit and miss and once you hit the first one, it seems that it will than carry over to the rest of them.

I will try an reproduce the second issue from your steps above.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2015 20:43
Hi Myke,

on a clean flat map - everything works as expected, with the barrel and other items.

On a previous map, once I've had the third person issue (which only seems to happen on a map built with a previous GG version), the editor window issue occurs also (for any item).
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2015 20:51
ok, thank you. I will open up some older maps and see what is going on.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2015 15:09
Hi re
Quote: "the wizard character flashes between where it should be in front of the camera and back to where the player start marker is"
, I 've attached the fpm in case that helps. Don't run it if you are sensitive to extreme flickering (assuming it does the same thing on your system). I've removed all other entities in case there was some sort of conflict, but still occurs.

Cheers.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2015 18:23
ok, I will test it out.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2015 18:31
Quote: " holding the RMB (.ie. normal operation from last build) does nothing. I've tried various combinations with shift, ctrl, mouse wheel etc in case it had changed but the objects seemed to maximise in the view port and then can't be moved or viewed as before."

Same here, maybe this ability was removed, becuse the free flight mode.

3com

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2015 18:57
It is curious in your map the camera seems to be separated from the wizard, the camera is not synchronized with the movements of wizard.
However if I create a random map, locate a start marker, and attach the wizard, everything works fine.

3com

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2015 21:17 Edited at: 15th Jun 2015 21:18
can not get store download box to appear or work after this update. already verified files all that was good. Have to shut down with task mgr.
AMD 9850 black, 6 gigs ram, GTX 260 Win 8.1 x64

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2015 21:55
@MK83: Can I get you to press the green help button at the lower right and fill out the support request, so the store guys can get you taken care of.
Thanks.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2015 22:28
Done, thanks Myke
AMD 9850 black, 6 gigs ram, GTX 260 Win 8.1 x64

PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 00:11
Will we get camera command controls in LUA? Is it already there and I have missed it?
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 00:53
camera command controls in LUA are not in, and yes we are supposed to get them.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 00:58
Amazing thanks!
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2015 12:44 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2015 13:02
Hi I am not sure if this is a problem with this version but I created a couple of models that are supposed to fit together.

One is a Pavement type slab and the other is a column with the same slab fitted to the bottom of it so that it fits to the other slabs easily. When I tried to do this in GameGuru the slabs fitted together fine after pressing B once but when I tried to fit the column to it, it wouldn't as the image shows.

This was as close as it would get without overlapping.

The other problem was that once I had put the objects together and then placed a wall on it, I found that the floor had moved even though it was placed on a flat level.

Now flattening the level sorted this out but one time some of the slabs ended up partially underground, unfortunately I don't have an image of this, but I can foresee a level building up and something like this going wrong and it would be a pain to sort.

Edit: I was just doing another test and put a wall down on a set of slabs, the level moved some slabs so I undid the operation, it got rid of the wall but left the uneven floor and when I tried to flatten the floor it wouldn't.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
Sheogorath
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the update,
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 11:00:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 11:00:30