3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Solved - HELP! Problem with entity shader (highest quality looks like

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Evil Within
Posted: 10th May 2015 18:00
Hello. I'm new here and I need help - I've got problem with imported 3D model. I imported to GameGuru a post-apocalyptic car (Charger from p3dm.ru) and everything looks correctly, but on the highest quality of entity shader something strange happens - just look on attachments (screens from GameGuru). In editing mode (on the highest settings) the model looks normal - there is no strange effect like on the test level. Can anyone know the answer to help me to solve this problem?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i think it looks better
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL it does doesn't it ..

@joker8090

This issue has been reported and is being investigated .... I will ask if there are any updates on this issue and get back to you ..
Cool model though ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
joker8090
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 02:59
@syncromesh,
Thank you for the answer. I will wait for some news about my problem. I converted model (Charger in .obj model with .tga textures) using MilkShape 3D (export to "DirectX (JT)").

PS Look at attachments - there is direct comparison between medium and highest entity shader.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 03:15 Edited at: 11th May 2015 03:25
You say tga textures ... is this a multi texture model or does it have a UV Map ?

Ahh I downloaded it ...the textures are all tga as you say
but have you tried them in dds format making a D,N,S texture set from those supplied ?

I don't use milkshape so right now I cant convert it and try it myself ..
PM
joker8090
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 03:43
@syncromesh,
I haven't tried convert them to .dds yet - I wanted to save some time to import another models (but ultimately Charger tooks me the most of :/). I thought that there was no problem with texture format (it seemed that GameGuru loads them correctly). I will check it out, but now I've got some work to do. After work I've got some free time, so I can look into this issue.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi joker8090..

There shouldnt be a problem to be honest ....
Im just looking at options to fix your issue ....dds is the GameGuru preferred format
It may rectify the situation for you
PM
joker8090
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 15:05
I'm sorry I'm so late (school and more work than I expected :/). Anyway, I converted textures from .tga to .dds, made new object (Charger in .x with .dds) and imported new model into GameGuru, but problem didn't disappear. In my opinion the problem is in the .x file, but I really don't know what can it be. :/
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks like your issue reported a little way back ..... at first I thought it was what I had but it was a different issue ...
All these models were converted from max....

You could PM him and see if he solved his

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/211561
PM
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think its an issue with the i model but is with the the textures,
It seems like the speculer texture is coming through the defuse map causing a bleed through so you may have to lower the brightness /saturation of those textures.
Also check to see if textures are exact duplicates. And not over compressed
So I would start from the beginning
1# texture save as .dds and then make your other textures from 1# and save each one as .dds
Make sure you select the .dds option and not type it in after the file name during save as I have had simular
Problem due to typing in the file extension upon saving, don't know why but just cause's an issue.

Also have a go at using a GG stock texture with its D/N/S
And see what result you get

Hope there is some helpful info here.
Keep us updated )²
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same wit some imported fps creator x9 models like arteria viking village ,some city nights builidings and some other..I reported this on a post some time ago..but not solution for now....
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2015 22:11 Edited at: 14th May 2015 22:12
Are you using one uv mapped model or multi textures. Ive found multi textures just dont work right with normal maps. GURU just doesnt like multi textured meshes. Also Guru still has shadow issues on models. They will show shadow staggered lines etc if your shadows are set to dark. At this point Guru is just Messed up for me after last update. I hope next update fixes that. Good luck....

P.S Very nice model and textures, very Mad Max
P.S I did not join in 2015. Ive been backing this project from day one. When I switched to steam it messed up my account....... Just so ya know
PM
joker8090
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2015 17:45 Edited at: 20th May 2015 02:19
I took textures from another files (vehicle called "?uk" from game Afterfall: InSanity), but problem didn't disappear - car still looks like covered with "camouflage". In that case I think that the problem is in 3D model (mesh, for example). Sorry for that long break, but I had to organise my computer after re-installing system.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 17:02
Ok, I just tested this out and the problem is simple.

Change the _C on the textures, to _D. erase the bin and dbo file and retest it.

apparently _C is used or can be used to Identify a cube map, and that is what the shader attempted to do.

Very nice model By the way.

Also as this is multi textured. Remember to remove the texture and shader name out of the FPE file.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

joker8090
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 02:47
Thank you so much for help. ^_^
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 05:13
You are welcome.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 11:01:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 11:01:42