Product Chat / Project RPG Update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone. Heres an update on progress so far with my Project RPG stuff. All the main merchant ans AI scripts are complete now and I am getting them ready to release (final tests, tidying, instructions, screen shots, vids etc). I thought I'd do a video to show it off in a smaller map to show it off a little better(more people). I also began some quest code and have done a few preliminary tests of quests. It's most satisfying when you see your work running well and fully operational

It's quite nice having a level with townsfolk walking about and not attacking you on sight I must admit. One of my big bug bears with GG for some time. Not been easy to get this going, but well worth the effort in the end. We may even get a few upgrades in GG out of it in the end also for us scripters A couple of requests I made in regard to this while developing it hopefully will be added in. down the line, which should help with performance costs or worsen, but generally with clever use will give us extra control, and that as ever is the best option.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 18:23
fantastic work where do i pay?
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 18:46
Good stuff. Glad someone had time to work on this kind of thing. I've been too busy with Unity projects to touch Game Guru lately, but had always planned on adding more RPG features. Keep up the good work.
System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 18:57
impressed with your work DVader. I'm a programmer by trade for last 30 years and still yet to delve into the world of LUA.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks all so far for your comments.

@ science boy. The scripts (merchant and AI) should be on the store in (hopefully) the next day or so. Still to make the necessary bits ready for upload. but soon...

@ Tomjscott. Gameguru is slowly getting better, perhaps it will tempt you back at some point. It will be a long time before it will ever match Unity though, for those prepared and capable of putting the work in. I must admit, the main thing that generally makes me have a play about with it is it's great web browser game stuff.

@ Bored of the Rings. Lua is pretty good so far for me. I'm a bit old school, BASIC being my fave language still, so some aspects are not to my tastes, but I muddle along Not a coder by trade, just a hobby since I got my hands on a ZX Spectrum. Being toying with lua on and off since it was introduced here.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 21:11
I think you are not popular in that town.
Awesome job DVader!, good lua control.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 22:07
Looks great!

Did you notice that you can change the text color now? Might make the various totals stand out differently or be highlighted when zero/empty etc.

Quite refreshing to see characters just ambling about in scene too.

Cheers.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks 3com. No, they pretty much bludgeoned me in the street ;p I hope to have reputation and such in as well at some point. Possibly factions so you can be a hero in one place and a low down scoundrel in another.

Thanks Cybernescence! I have literally sat for ages watching the people wander about while testing, I can get quite distracted just taking in the scene and of course, it needs testing . I have noticed the new commands, but not put much thought into the text side yet, but I agree, It might be nice to alter under certain situations. I'll give it some thought as to what would look good.

Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Everything looks really cool and I see a lot of potential for non scripters.

Quote: " A couple of requests I made in regard to this while developing it hopefully will be added in. "

This would interest myself and I would support it! We(coders) should be a little bit more in the focus, I thought

My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 01:04
This is great! I'm tired of being assaulted everywhere I go in my maps as well. Looking forward to seeing it/them in the store! (and studying them, of course! )
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 03:13
This is really good stuff DVader, you are always on the cutting edge.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 10:02
This is very good..really cool ...
Great work.

Cheers.

Harry
Harry
PM
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 18:05
Wow, very cool indeed. Well done mate!

Am going to have a look at Lua myself at some point, although I haven't done any programming for around 10 years or so.

And once the Character Kit thingummybob is done you'll be able to have a variety of different options for character's looks too I would imagine.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks all for the awesome comments. I have released the scripts to the store now, just have to wait on approval. I'm, actually surprised it isn't available today, but not sure how often they update the store these days. I've also released a video on how to set it all up just in case the instructions look a bit daunting. There's nothing hard about setting them up though, just a fair bit of explanation!
Unless they are just running late today, I am guessing it may be Monday before they are looked at and approved Or not, lol. Shouldn't be long now though!

AceRimmer
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: classic British heavy metal mostly
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 23:51
thanks DVader, it all works nice. took a while for it to arrive in the GG store, but worth the wait.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Glad it works okay! I did a lot of testing before releasing it. Once it is sent to the store it can take awhile to be approved. As they are scripts they can take longer than they normally would compared to a basic object (more to test). All good now though!

I've just been working on adding all the default modern weapons to work as well. Fairly easy to do, but I was asked and so I have made them. Just thinking I need to alter the cash system for those as copper sounds odd for modern stuff

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 20:29:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 20:29:08