Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Gears of War 4
Posted: 30th Oct 2014 22:59 Edited at: 5th Apr 2015 16:05
UPDATE:

Here is some highlights from the past 6 months:

Converting a lot of my old models from Pack 40 and 48 to reloaded. Also working on some new stuff as well as improving textures/models of older stuff

Won't be editing this post, i will post a reply with new stuff when i finish things

Working on some old media, and playing with transparent stuff.

The model is a variation of an asset from my old pack. Texture has been improved and normals/spec created. the nature/hanging ivy is new. Working on better texture I wanted to see how this idea would look before i went into detail.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 18:18
Its nice! So you made the old "Post apocalyptic" pack with the fallout flavour?

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2014 01:16
Testing some old media/ slowly converting old content to FPSCR.

Hey wolf thanks, yeah I was the author of model pack's 40 and 48 back in the day. Here is a link to one of the old threads http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=159193&b=24

http://i.imgur.com/dw6hNhe.jpg
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2014 02:13
Hey teamhalo, your packs were actually some of my all time favorite when using FPSCx9. The detail and texture work was outstanding. Cool to see you going back to improve upon them to a new standard for Reloaded.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2014 00:37 Edited at: 6th Nov 2014 00:38
Teabone thanks I appreciate your comments, it's hard to believe there are still people here that remember those model packs, it was a blast making them. Looking back there was a lot I was just learning how to do.

new stuff

giving this picnic table away once i get normals working

huge blood spatter pack added to the store

Link here:

http://en.tgcstore.net/?md=view-pack&pid=10438

10 or so are from the old packs so they are low res, 1024, but the other 20 are 2048px.

I'm working on more enter-able stuff, a lot of my old models are just scenery. I would like to expand more into enter-able buildings. More screens later in the week.

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2014 02:56 Edited at: 8th Nov 2014 03:04

I'm going to post some stuff as I complete it, I'm still new to the updated engine and I've had a long bit of trial and error sessions getting certain content in and out.

The filing cabinets are old and from MP40, but I completely re-textured them. I might add some more variation to them and create a stand alone drawer to add more detail to the scene.

This was my second successful attempt and creating a custom terrain, the asphalt ground is custom terrain in game, complete with custom Path/Moss/Rock/Sed tex's as well. Had a bit a trouble getting the Rock to display nicely, but I bumped my res up to 4096 and surprisingly it looked nice and i didn't take a performance hit at all. 100+ fps.

I want to start releasing some free terrains but I can't figure out how to get the distance to stop being green. (I start with a duplicate of stock and replace from there, in this case Lushy).

Really happy the way reloaded handles overlays/transparency. I haven't tried anything semi-transparent (I think I remember reading somewhere this isn't possible yet?)

but anyways all my old overlays are coming in nicely.

new content:

Metal Shelving Rusted and Broken

Link Here

Wood Shed

Link Here

Picnic Table

FREE HERE

Picnic Table Broken

FREE HERE

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2014 17:24 Edited at: 18th Nov 2014 17:24

Old model, slightly upgraded texture. New normal maps

Link

Working on a very large vegetation pack

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2014 05:09
I've been pretty busy with converting a lot of my old media, and have managed to make some new things also. Still testing a lot of media, and have a lot planned. Waiting a little until I get to play with 109 and see how it affects my media. Have a lot of content modeled that I am slowly bringing into the engine. Getting content store ready is the only daunting process. Working on "Post-Apocalypse: Reloaded". Going to convert as much media from MP40&48 as I can and re-release. The sub par stuff will probably be discarded or released for free.

Did some new old books / upgraded my old model and new textures.

I attached some screens of what I have been working on

cheers

Attachments

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 06:48 Edited at: 20th Jan 2015 06:59
New building models. I've noticed a lack of interior building models in the store so I had my go at creating some buildings with interiors. They are actually pretty fun to make because you walk around inside them after going straight from the modeling application.

Compound

Two small rooms on the first floor. A metal stair case that takes you up to the second floor, and two outside balconys. You can place a few near each other and make a nice little multiplayer like map with running and gunning up the stars and balconys. I placed some enemys in a few of this spread across that map and it was pretty fun running through them. Working on more variations for fun gameplay.

Uploaded to the store. Awaiting approval now.

Outpost

Work in progress. I want it to look like an abandoned outpost in the snow. Double the size of the previous building and some antennas and extra features. Large texture with lots of variation and no mirroring. Need to correct UV mapping issues and reduce symmetry mirroring.

More coming soon!

Attachments

Slaur3n
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 10:29
looks awesome

Your signature has been erased by a mod! Too large
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 00:16
that is awesome work. i plan to all your model and i really appreciate your work.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 04:02
Slaur3n and MXS thanks for the kind words!

New stuff coming to the store! I'll have more to post tomorrow. Working on more textures and alternate building models.

Attachments

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2015 21:43
New stuff

MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2015 03:52
I just love how big the builds are. these builds will be great for searching for items and to have bad guys waiting for you inside them. I been following your models for a long time since fpsc. your skills have improve so much. you put a lot of time into making all these and I appreciate your hard work. you have my support so you can keep making more models.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2015 06:52
Great looking models. A lot of effort must have gone into those textures.
darimc
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2015 14:07
These are all great assets for FPSCR owners! Keep up the hard work.

Your signature has been erased by a mod, please resize it to no larger than 600 x 120.
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 04:02 Edited at: 28th Jan 2015 04:06
@MXS Thanks so much! I'm really glad you like the models and that they inspire you for gameplay! Personally I actually really enjoyed making these buildings because you can walk around inside them, somethnig I've never experienced with my own models befor

Attachments

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 15:43
Great models

I've been after some snowy grass, nice work.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 2GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 18:16 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2015 18:19
New stuff

So I've made some more building variations using new textures and the warehouse doors set. Two new buildings are new on the store, more warehouse themes. Both have large rooms and space, with two stories and now balconys that exit on the second story.

The Warehouse

Available in the store here

Large Warehouse

The Facility

Awaiting store approval

I've made a quick Detail overlay pack, this time with a sci fi theme.

Alien Blood Detail Pack

Awaiting store approval

Thanks always for your comments and let me know if anyone has any suggestions! Glad everyone liked the grass pack, they should compliment the stock terrains well.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 23:27
very very very good work here, i am watching this thread with great interest

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2015 06:37
New slum building model

The Favela (1)

Awaiting store approval

Low poly and smaller than my previous models. This will be a series of similar building models with a similar texture set.

TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 15:16
Love the Old Warehouse and building's. I have thought of making some of these, some great textures on them, very realistic.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I purchased your Compound today...Looks Awesome
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 16:49

Old model, need to clean up the texture.

I'm working on weapons now. Not standard weapons, stuff that has not been done yet for Guru. There won't be many uploads for a while from me, I am working on a weapon pack and I want it to be very good.
Slaur3n
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 17:03
Cool, keep us updated on the weapons
Your signature has been erased by a mod! Too large
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 06:31
Hello again here is a quick update

I really want to make a melee weapon pack, I used to play this horror game called condemned and it had a great melee combat system, and I really liked the weapons because they were crude and rugged. Old pipes, electrical grids, and metal. I'm working on a lot of stuff at the moment, and here are my best models. I've made a lot of progress on the modeling and texturing and here are four of the weapons. The pipe with the lever model that you see here was actually modeled over four years ago. If you look at my old posts over in the old boards you can see it. Never bothered to texture it. Found it after crawling through my old emails and I UVW'd and textured it.

The models are fairly simple a lot of the effort has gone into the textures. There's a few other games that have cool melee weapons I'd like to create, Fallout has some wacky ones that stick out that I might do. EAI's older melee stuff is what I'm trying to emulate with the textures.

Grunge Melee Weapons

I'll post more later. Going on a cruise for five days this weekend so I will be away from the forums for a bit.

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 08:27
So much talent, great models yet again

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2015 03:16
@e30Legend

Thanks

Put these two old ornate mansion houses on the store last night.

Brick Mansion House

White Wood Mansion House

My last models for the next few weeks, cheers

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2015 10:06
I bought the Brick Mansion House last night, great model.

Enjoy your big boat

PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2015 10:42
Great mansions teamhalo, would probably fit in with the Civil War Theme.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 03:23
New Model

Large concrete walls, with a rough metal gate. Use with buildings to create fortresses filled with enemies and clear them.

I've been having some dull ideas and can't seam to get any nice inspiration. I've been looking at other games for inspiration. Any ideas on some models?
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 08:50
Quote: "I've been having some dull ideas and can't seam to get any nice inspiration. I've been looking at other games for inspiration. Any ideas on some models?"

You have been very busy creating content. Just take a breather. Take a few weeks off, play some games, make a game. Get back to the core reason you started all this; the love of video games.

It's all too easy to get caught up in just making models and losing the reason you are making them.

My advice, buy a new game on steam, complete that and then come back to modelling.

Awesome work as always buddy.

Cheers

Jay.

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 11:29
What about some more houses, hedges, post boxes, street lamps, pavements, bus shelters, signs etc.. to fit in with your other models so that people can make towns / villages etc..

PM
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 01:06
@unfamillia Well I did it, and you are absolutely right! I bought DayZ, and I am abssessed with the art of the game. So much inspiration there. I have been playing it a little bit, and taking in all the sights and looking at the style of the game I am going to be modeling some similar assets.

I think my next big pack that I put time into will be something of an Urban City.

@E30Legend Spot on. Exactly what I was thinking too. I have wanted to expand my city stuff for a long time, and I have been putting it off for a while. I'm going to be building this pack in pieces, and I'm thinking a lot of variation. Here are some city walls of sorts devs can use to box in houses and buildings. Going to make maybe four of these each with unique styles and textures.

I'm not sure how I want to start modeling the houses. I might build a bunch of pieces and then construct a few styles using that but we'll see what happens.
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 03:49
Here's a new city model I finished today:

Also testing some Baking.

Here is a building model Ive had for a while. I don't like baking maps because the textures become very low fidelity, up close in game the texture becomes very small and grainy.

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 15:54 Edited at: 5th Apr 2015 16:10
Here are some new models I have finished. I have been building more structural stuff, to create urban envirnoments. Mostly fencing type objects for now. These are some concrete blockage pieces I have created. With the help of some beautiful source textures these came out better than I expected. A simple wood style fence as well.

Concrete Slab Iron

View High Resolution

View High Resolution

Wooden Fence

I don't come on the forums as much as I would like, so usually I will just post everything and comment in one sitting. I am slowly expanding this pack as I still don't know where I want to go with it. However this time around I will most likely not be releasing everything as I build it, I want to wait to release at once.

There is a lot of content I have in mind that I would like to build, and now that 3D edit view is live in the Guru editor this really inspires me to create more modular, world building content. I can defefinitely see myself getting into modeling some interior kits once I figure out the best way to model with Guru snapping in mind.

cheers all
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2015 04:10 Edited at: 12th Apr 2015 04:16
Interiors

I've started building my own construction kit system. Similar to FPSC segments, this kit can be used to build interiors very easily using the editor in free flight mode.

Stay tuned
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2015 17:40
UPDATE:

I've started to build assets for my latest model pack. Expanding on the Urban City, I am building houses. These are old structures and houses that have full interiors.

Quick screenshot:

Texture is a work in progress.

More updates later next week.

Cheers
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
That construction kit looks incredible ....
Cant wait to get my hands on that
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 08:36:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 08:36:48