Product Chat / Have your say April - V1.006

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 14:25 Edited at: 27th Apr 2014 18:34
Hi,

Welcome to the April: Have your say for Beta 1.006 I've cleared last months list as we're now in exciting new territory.

As a reminder, the aim every month, is to create a top 10 list of bugs and a top 10 list of concerns so we can address them. I'll get the bugs from the bug forum or from reports sent to me, so please keep posting those on the bugs forum. In addition please keep this thread free from feature requests, there's a forum for that too. However what I would like to hear about in this thread are concerns and issues you have with current features.

Enjoy the new beta.

Issues.

1) Blank editor screen for a small number of users.

2) Two users report no or intermittent player firing sounds.

3) Edit entities doesn't work when in test mode (F9).

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
So far so good

I have noticed a lot of differences for the better...Still no reset to Default button ..BUT...When you reload the editor it goes back to default which is great

Getting good speed...Enemies now die ... Still playing really but I thought I would start this on a good note.

PS I assume the store is still WIP as I cant login yet
PM
Cecil Cheah
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there

Thanks for releasing the latest beta. I have a problem starting Reloaded after successfully installed the Beta 1006.

I have attached two screenshots. Oh, i can only attach one. Anyway, the errors are:

1. Path cannot be found: Path:cartoon\002

2. Runtime Error 8003: Could not find path at line 16373

If i choose File->New Random Level or New Flat Level, it does nothing. It is stuck on this screen: ..checking files for you.

Thanks
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 15:41 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 15:43
Quote: "PS I assume the store is still WIP as I cant login yet"

No the store is available to all you have to login on the web first before the editor. If you are having issues with the store please report in the store feedback thread.

@Cecil Cheah

Try uninstalling FPSCR totally and deleting the install folder then reinstall that may fix it for you looks as if it is trying to find old files.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 15:57
Is it recommended to uninstall the previous beta before installing? I just installed over the old one and performance is horrible! I was getting 9-13 fps with the last one, now 2-5! Also, on get to the river, the enemies come at me backwards, which I don't mind, it gives me a sure advantage, but not much of a challenge! Also, still bringing the system to a crawl, can't use anything at an appreciable speed while Reloaded is open, (like this browser window, I'm at least ten letters ahead of what is showing up) I have a few minutes before I have to leave for work yet, I'll try an uninstall and reinstall and see what happens!
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:02
With the betas it is always recommended to uninstall first.

PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:02 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 16:04
@All.

I do recommend a full uninstall prior to installing the new one, remembering to back up and media you wish to keep. It is also worth checking that all .dbo, .bin files have been deleted for old media as this can cause issues.

@Cecil Cheah
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:10 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 16:11
Well...on my spec it runs bad as hell. GeForce 650 gtx 2gb, 8 gb ddr3 ram 1600 mhz, quad core 3,4 ghz amd athlon x4 trinity. Everything on highest settings and im getting 12 fps on level get to the river . No performance boost for me.... so where is that promised performance?

And I uninstalled previous version, deleted all files and instaled fresh copy.
PM
CyberGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:13 Edited at: 18th Apr 2014 12:30
Floating grass in Get to the river level.

After signing in to the TGC store,the msg box shows nothing to download.

Anyone else got floating grass?

Amd Quad Core FX-4100 3.6MHz,GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5,8GB DDR3

Windows 8.1 Pro

The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:15
Quote: "After signing in to the TGC store,the msg box shows nothing to download."

Did you login to the web store first?

PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:15
Just did it, no improvement (0-3fps), but then this is my laptop, will try on my gaming machine after work; no time left to mess with it!
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@SorrowCrown

I'm very surprised you are getting that low performance. Could you please post a screen shot showing full metrics so we can investigate. Could you also please try the various lower settings and let us know if you're getting decent perfor
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:18
Jerry, check my pc spec and im running 12 fps on highest settings... on lowest about 25 fps.....
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:19
@SorrowCrown

Also make sure you are using F11 to show FPS not the tab version, the options menu drop your FPS a lot.

PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:23
Here is screen. When I am shooting it is getting even worse ... sometimes to 7-8 fps.

http://postimg.org/image/krndgc9wt/
PM
CyberGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:24 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 17:48
Quote: "Did you login to the web store first?"

Yes.

As a matter of interest I ran and logged in to the TGC store from

program files menu.

Amd Quad Core FX-4100 3.6MHz,GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5,8GB DDR3

Windows 8.1 Pro

SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:25
I used also f 11... no change at all.
PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:29
And here screen with F11.

http://postimg.org/image/swix15w6l/full/
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:30 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 16:33
@SorrowCrown.

Thanks, please try turning off lightrays as many cards can currently suffer with these set.

You will also notice that when you press F11, you now have the option to turn off features, You can play with these and let me know the res
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:33
@CyberGamer

Please PM me the email address you login with and I will take a look.

PM
Cecil Cheah
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. I have uninstalled the previous and reinstall. It works. I will test my frame rate and keep you up todate.
PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 16:47 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 16:49
Okay.... so I turned off lightrays... improvement by 3 fps. Turning off bloom about 2 fps... but largest improvement is by changing grass shader to lowest ... about 20 fps... so with lightrays off, grass shader low, bloom off i am getting 31 - 34 fps. But Fps drops to about 27- 29 when near entities, and when shooting.
PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 17:00
And how can i download veg pack? I logged on the website. Then run fpsc, hit the button of store, then selected packs...there are two pack and it shows me "You own this pack"... I click on one of them and there is no button for download.
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 17:02
Quote: "And how can i download veg pack? I logged on the website. Then run fpsc, hit the button of store, then selected packs...there are two pack and it shows me "You own this pack"... I click on one of them and there is no button for download."

There is a download system in FPSCR, just look on the file menu it is quite easy to use once you find it

PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 17:03
Thx The Next
PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 17:09
So... Download finished and error jumped on the screen. Now i cant run fpsc and it freezes, while checking files.

http://postimg.org/image/c1g6ripab/
PM
Cecil Cheah
Years of Service
User Offline
OK this is my initial feedback.

I start the game using the FPSCR02.fpm file.

On starting, without moving around, i get 111FPS looking at the yellow mountain. I look up the sky, i get 199 FPS.

So i start moving around now and approaching the soldiers. I am getting consistenly 65-70 FPS. Even shooting with the soldier right in my face, i am getting 65 FPS.

I attached a file with the 199 FPS. My spec is in the image. Sorry not state of the art.

If this help anyone.
PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 17:12
How can you achieve that fps?? I am getting 20-30 fps....
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 17:14
Quote: "So... Download finished and error jumped on the screen. Now i cant run fpsc and it freezes, while checking files."

Your system is causing you a lot of issues today We have not had that happen to any one else, excluding a member of the dev team when we were trying to break things. I will look for a fix and let you know, this may be why you are having FPS issues though looks like something on your PC isn't quite right.

PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 17:22
Quote: "looks like something on your PC isn't quite right."

I don't know... I am running all games just perfect.. Battlefield 4 high/ultra settings, CoD Ghosts on Highest, Metro and other games are running just fine And programs too.
PM
dwalther6
Years of Service
User Offline
Get 11fps with all things on. Get double that with terrain shut off.
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 17:27 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 17:28
@SorrowCrown

Just to confirm you have done the following

- Uninstalled FPSCR completely.

- Gone to where it was installed and deleted all files and folders contained.

- Re-download the installer and try to install again (just incase your version is corrupt)

- When testing FPS ensure nothing else is open and if you have anti-virus add an exception for FPSCR as this could cause issues with the writing of files.

@dwalther6

Please post your specs so we can help

PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 17:31 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 17:33
- Uninstalled FPSCR completely. - Yes

- Gone to where it was installed and deleted all files and folders contained. - Yes

- Re-download the installer and try to install again (just incase your version is corrupt
PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 17:53 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 18:14
Okay. I tested Fpsc on my Hp probook 4520s.

Results are shown on pictures....

TAB

http://postimg.org/image/cr18b0hcx/full/

F11

http://postimg.org/image/76an4ghun/full/
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 18:10
Hi Guys,

I hope the BETA is treating you (mostly) kindly. Here are some responses from the feedback so far:

@Cecil : You will need restart your PC (to clear FPSC-MapEditor.exe from the background), then delete the 'FPS Creator Reloaded' folder from the Program Files\The Game Creators (or make a backup) and then install V1.006. You should then have no problems as cartoon\002 is not in the installer

@SorrowCrown : All our performance work was done at the lower end, so set your shaders to LOWEST and please let me know what performance FPS score you are getting. We have worked to make LOWEST settings visually better than before, and have some additional ideas to bring the visual differences closer between the current version and the HIGHEST such as better shadow resolution and more dynamic lighting. Hopefully you see a significant performance boost when you use these settings. Also when you Save Standalone executable, it will set the FULLSCREEN flag and a fixed resolution which will also give you a much higher FPS score than from the main editor, so let me know how that works for you as well. Also let me know if it is smooth for you in these modes. Your card will be somewhat bound by pixel shader power on very high resolutions so try running it at a lower resolution such as 1360x768 and see if that improves matters. For the extra models, we're looking at the cause of the error now but so far we've not reproduced it successfully here.

@CyberGamer : If you are a GOLD or SILVER pledger, you should get some downloads. If you are a BRONZE pledger, there are no exclusive packs available for you but you can still buy any items you like from the store.

@Jerry Tremble : We have been looking at the lower end systems such as the integrated HD 3000 graphics and the Windows Surface Pro tablets to see what kind of performance we can get. Can you tell me the exact processor of your laptop and the graphics system it is running, I can then get a CPU and GPU score to see where you sit in the landscape of what we have tested so far.

@dwalther6 : A lot of our work was on the LOWEST shader settings and getting those to look much better and providing the maximum pixel shader performance on lower end systems. Set to lowest, switch off reflection and press F11 and send a screenshot of what you get, thanks.

I will check back in later and other forum posts too so I stay on top of the developments of the BETA release. I was planning to dive directly into the items for the next release, but it makes sense for me to hang around here for a bit and get a feel for any show stoppers that you might find.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 18:43
I'm getting some sound issues, on "get to the river". Mostly from weapons. I have almost zero reports when firing either the handgun or rifle. I have ambient sound, and damage sound; with the very occasional sound when firing a weapon (especially if I'm on the water). Other than that; I noticed the new teaks on the level layout.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I have to be honest and say I really have not had any issues yet ?

I haven't even got that good a rig but im pulling between 60 to 75 fps and have even reached 90 in some cases and that's running the demo maps..

Still cant login the store though....Invalid email or password
PM
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 19:15 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 19:17
I also had a download error, and the system froze. After rebooting, I've managed to finish the download and everything is fine. Except that I don't have in my levels (didn't have before it froze) any grass except this one. But I have lots in the Get to the River.

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " also had a download error, and the system froze. After rebooting, I've managed to finish the download and everything is fine. Except that I don't have in my levels (didn't have before it froze) any grass except this one. But I have lots in the Get to the River."

What about the other 3 demos ?

Newer versions of get to the river I think ?
PM
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 19:53 Edited at: 17th Apr 2014 15:34
I have a graphic card that clocks at about 150000. Frame rate drops to 27fps when I look at dynamic animated entities like the ones in the new veg pack.

Beautiful new pack by the way, I love it!

I just wish I would get more FPS when I actually put some entities on the grid. There is still big room for improvement at the top end of the shaders.

I have most shaders turned up all the way: highest FPS was 85, lowest was 27, with just a few dynamic entities added to the level.

Please do your performance improvements using a properly loaded level full of media, and dynamic entities. The run to the river level does not cut it for AAA games. Otherwise great job to all! Keep up the good work.
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
im liking the performance and memory limit now, the stuttering movement is also gone and I noticed the player start marker has a lot of new bits to learn and use .

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
so get to the river runs at between 30 - 60 fps on highest (everything max even full grass)

and between 70 - 200 fps on lowest (but with everything still on and grass at about 50%)

if i turn stuff off it doesnt really make a difference on lowest

turning grass off/down definitely makes the most difference on highest

and my old test level that used to lag with 8 or so enemies shooting at me at once now runs solidly at about 60-70fps on low and around 50fps on highest

good work guys!

p.s. these are all running inside the editor - not standalone

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 20:42
Quote: "What about the other 3 demos ?

Newer versions of get to the river I think ? "

All of them have so many grass, I could drown in it!

As to a general opinion: It takes 5/6 minutes to load thousands of trees, but at least it down't crash, and I run it with an average 35 fps. It's not perfect yet, but it's definitely better. Keep going!

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
Abominable doughnut
Years of Service
User Offline
Uninstalled the previous and installed this, all running well with good performance, and model packs downloaded without a hitch, nice one! Only snag was my Norton antivirus and windows threw up a warning recommending to treat the program as a threat (I downloaded the standalone file), it virus checked clear and went ahead with no problems, I think it's just because it's a new file. But just in case it's a problem the screen dump is attached .
PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 21:18
Working great also loving the new store guys good job onward and upwards

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 (PASSMARK 9529) 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU (PASSMARK 6858) 32GB DDR3 MEM (PASSMARK 2842)
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 21:19
Quote: "Working great also loving the new store guys good job onward and upwards"

Thanks let me know if there are any ideas you have we would love to hear them, lots of exciting artist media added already today so we will be approving that as soon as possible.

PM
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
All good so far. At first, I thought I was one of the few that still had stutter issues. The get to the river level and all my test levels were very bad with stutter and low fps. Uninstall/reinstall several times with no luck, still had the stutter. As I was writing the bug report, I thought I would include my Passmark scores but didn't remember them. When I ran the benchmark tests I got unexpectedly low scores. After a few test I noticed my temperatures were a little high. I clean my PC's guts every few months because I live in a very dusty environment, but got lazy for the past few. After cleaning it up and trying again, all stutter is gone and the fps shot through the roof! May be worth trying on other peeps pcs. Worked for me.

Went from 15 fps on get to the river to 146 fps that's almost a 1000% increase.

GREAT JOB TGC!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 21:49
As I pledged, I will stick around here for the next few days and make sure your BETA adventure goes well. Here is some more feedback on your feedback:

@KeithC : Can you make a video of the sound issues with the latest beta? I don't think I have had any reports about sounds up to this point and I can say my version sounds okay (apart from the crisp packet grass crunching)

@synchromesh : Apparently if you log in with the exact details of those you pledged with, and then browse the store, and you are a gold or silver pledger, you can then go to the software, click FILE > Download Store Items and get a huge treat of models downloaded to your installation The other three samples are OLDER levels, but are placeholders in case we need to show some techniques via simple sample levels..

@Titantropo : Losing work is a fact of developer life, and teaches you to become VERY paranoid about backups!

@morphtactic : Our performance energies where spent making the LOWEST shader settings as good looking and as fast as possible on really low end systems. There are optimizations still to be had with the HIGHEST shader settings, and other improvements we did not have time to add to this beta. We wanted to focus as much on testing for this release as actual mad-rush last minute ideas for more performance, but these will come. Glad you like it so far.

@almightyhood : I was waiting to see who would notice all the new toys in Player Start Marker. I think even some of my own team members have not found them

@Abominable doughnut : I should really have signed the installer as that might have made Norton happier. Just one of those last minute things that slips the net. I am tinkering with the idea of an automated build server and hand one more human job over to SkyNet.

@Spotaru : I've been coding three decades and I've never had to deal with dust that drains FPS I should remember that one for the future, congratulations on the new lease of life for your system. Its like a fresh install of Windows, everything sparkling, clean and fast

I think I will make a brew now and boot up FALLOUT3 to continue my adventures in radioactive land. I know it's six years old and feels a little bit like 'Oblivion' but it can still teach me things about outdoor rendering, combat game play and story telling

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 21:50 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 21:53
Getting mixed results, Performs better on lowest settings High or Higest

very slow 8fps to 12...

also for some reason when you pick up the shotgun you can not

swop weapons.

Using Get me to the river 03

Characters Ai is not great as you can see they seem to wonder

and not notice at time until very close to them.

See video..

System Spec: Quadcore

Grafix: HD4000 & Gforce GT 630m
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
super clark wrote: "Characters Ai is not great as you can see they seem to wonder

and not notice at time until very close to them."

AI wasn't changed, that is next on the list so expect improvements next release.

if u turn on the debug visuals u may find it'll give some idea of why they don't notice u though

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 12:58:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 12:58:59