Product Chat / Have your say April - V1.006

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 22:16
@Lea and Team: Really nice work Lea and team. The performance improvement is brilliant. But I must agree with Morphtactic, using "Run to the river" as a benchmark shouldn't be considered a benchmark for performance. I'm not expecting this to be a AAA engi
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 22:21
@Landman

That is to be expected the performance work is not done the focus was on low end pc increases high end settings are not expected to be much better. There are still lots more known issues that will be addressed.

The key thing is the low end machines can now get a playable FPS where before they crashed.

I am sure Lee can say more on the specifics but I know my laptop is showing nice improvements, but my gaming pc is similar as before just without that awful stutter

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I clean my PC's guts every few months because I live in a very dusty environment, but got lazy for the past few. After cleaning it up and trying again, all stutter is gone and the fps shot through the roof! May be worth trying on other peeps pcs. Worked for me.

Went from 15 fps on get to the river to 146 fps that's almost a 1000% increase."

So all our waiting and Lees hard work was really because YOU HAD NOT VACUMED YOUR ROOM !!!

PM
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 22:50 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 22:50
Quote: "@Titantropo : Losing work is a fact of developer life, and teaches you to become VERY paranoid about backups!"

Lee, I never said I've lost anything. My problem was that grass wasn't appearing. But as The Next said to Super Clark in another section of the forum, I should use the grass paint tool. And after using it, grass is appearing. Sort of. It only apepars completly when I'm very close. Because as you can see in the image, it's somewhat transparent. It should hide those small bushes in the back.

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
Fane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 23:31 Edited at: 15th Apr 2014 23:33
So I had some time to test Beta 6

Peformance

Very well I got 25-30 frames on highest settings with lot of entinitys. In other FPS games I´ve got very slow movement if I fall under 30 frames but with FPSCR its still ok. Of course there is still lot of work - one day I want to have the 60 FPS on highest

Terrain

The terrain edit is still bad. I missing lot of functions like erode, ramp, smoothing, detailtextur painting and so on. Please give us the ability to import our owm Heightmaps and Colourmaps so we can so something similar like this.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t254/Semtix/Vegeone_zps825bfc41.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t254/Semtix/VegCanyon_zps7554ffef.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t254/Semtix/Vegesands_zpsd1f90c17.jpg

Sniper

I walk around and shoot in the same time - thats ok but it is not ok that I can still hit perfectly my enemy's xD

Modelpacks

WoW they look great

- There are collisions with the foliage and sometimes I can´t shoot an enemy because of them.

Bugs

I cannot see any changes after changing the regulator "Vegetation Specular power" from 100 to 0.

I have great Lightrays but if I change them from 100 to <100 then they disappear and don´come back even if I set 100 again.

You can move faster in the editor if you press SHIFT. But if you press W/A/S or D and then Shift you stop. So you are forced to press first SHIFT and then the movementkeys.

Conclusion

I am very impressed from Beta 6 great work. If I imagine what else is comming: AI, LUA, Terrain import?, even more performance, conkit, entinity maker, character maker......it will be incredible.

keep it up

System: Win 8.1 64 / i5 @ 3,9GHz / GeForce 760 GTX 192 Bit Dx 11 (Driver 335.23) / 8GB RAM
PM
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
I really think that Reloaded will have no problems creating AAA games. Except for continued performance tweaks, Reloaded already looks amazing. There is not that much difference in what it can potentially put out, compared to other AAA engines. You just need high quality media.

That is the trick.

The new veg pack looks pro, and on par with AAA game media.

It makes all the difference to have animated trees. I just imported some quality rock entities, and they look even better than what you will find in cryEngine DEV. The future looks promising for reloaded.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 02:07 Edited at: 16th Apr 2014 02:12
Really nice Beta, runs real smooth with a noticeable increase in fps on the old laptop.

Know what I like most about this one? Pressing F11....and using the Hardware Info Mode to remove everything....water,terrain etc that I don't need on to test a model or small areas of a level, it flies even faster when you do this
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Spotaru : I've been coding three decades and I've never had to deal with dust that drains FPS I should remember that one for the future, congratulations on the new lease of life for your system. Its like a fresh install of Windows, everything sparkling, clean and fast "

After some research, I found that my graphics card has 3 different built in profiles that it switches between depending on what it's doing plus it's factory overclocked. If it gets too hot it will automatically drop the overclock. If it's still too hot it will switch to the next lower profile.

Level 1

GPU Clock 50 MHz

Memory Clock 135 MHz

Shader Clock 101 MHz

Level 2

GPU Clock 405 MHz

Memory Clock 324 MHz

Shader Clock 810 MHz

Level 3

GPU Clock 1000 MHz

Memory Clock 2200 MHz

Shader Clock 2000 MHz

My guess is it was falling back to level 2 when it started to get hot and that massive difference between clocks was hurting me. I now make sure it's locked on the level 3 profile before starting reloaded.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 10:43 Edited at: 16th Apr 2014 11:06
Hi,

Well, it appears most users are enjoying the new beta. As always, keep posting .

@Fane

If you're using a lot of animated objects, we are aware of a performance hit that we are working on, however, I see no reason why your system shouldn't be capable of running at 60fps on full for an average level.

Could you please send me a level using default media that is causing you performance issues so we can investigate.

In addition, please make sure you've followed these steps.

1. Ensure you have a clean installation (remove any old files, backup as required), delete the old 'FPS Creator Reloaded' folder and then install latest installer from the TGC Product Page a fresh

2. Ensure you run the software 'Run As Administrator' to ensure full write access to the Program Files area

3. When you first run the software, click TEST LEVEL and then press TAB twice to bring up the slider menus. Select LOWEST on the shader settings and slide the reflection setting to zero. Now press TAB again and press F11. You can take a snapshot of this and post on the forums if you are experiencing low frame rate which will help the development team improve the experience on your system.

Many thanks,

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 11:08
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your continued feedback. I will be spending the day on more 'next version' tweaks and will return to check out the forum later this evening. For now here is my specific feedback:

@Landman : Can you email me (lee@thegamecreators.com) the Orge Standalone of the 200 tree level, and also your level from Reloaded as an FPM. I'd like to see what Orge are doing to achieve a fast frame rate compared to what Reloaded engine is doing.

@Titantropo : You can increase the sliders to get more grass quantity and range, and also paint more sense grass patches to get quite a lush overgrown area of grass with some more editing. P.S. Glad you did not lose your work!

@Fane : If you can dig out a technique to create the 'canyon' terrain sides (texturing, geometry) that would be a good read for me. I am still not 100% happy with the stretching when the rock emerges from a steep terrain edit. We have added new collision modes to the list for the next version. Also bug reports added to list, thanks!

@Spotaru : That makes more sense to me, thanks for the clarification and good luck with your Reloaded endevours!

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 13:27 Edited at: 16th Apr 2014 13:28
Quote: "Know what I like most about this one? Pressing F11....and using the Hardware Info Mode to remove everything....water,terrain etc that I don't need on to test a model or small areas of a level, it flies even faster when you do this "

So as Rolfy states F11 is a great performance Hardware tool and makes a big difference when land and sky are disabled so imagine if you were just building an interior map....The ability to turn these off permanently if required would be a great feature of Reloaded. As the function is there would it be that difficult to incorporate it as an option ?

Just my thoughts ?
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 14:15
I loaded it on my MAME cabinet PC last night and it rocks! (i7-4770@3.4 Ghz, 12GB RAM, GeForce GTX 645, Win 8.1) I get 70-105 fps on get to the river with everything set pretty high as it came by default. Yesterday morning I had put it on my laptop over breakfast and it had lost performance over the previous build. I had expected at least the same performance, if not a slight boost. Not a big deal, as it's by no means a gaming machine. Lee, you asked for the laptop specs, it's an i5-2410 @ 2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Intel HD3000 integrated graphics, Win 7. (Is that low-end enough?) I think what you were really saying is that if I want to be portable I need to get a new gaming laptop, right? Thanks for the excuse! LOL
PM
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
After thoroughly going through the veg pack, I have to say I'm very impressed! I love the new grasses and weeds, that are way better rendered than the standard ones, which come with the original beta. If this kind of quality is what we have to look forward to, I am very happy. Great job again!
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
I hate to say this boys, but my 1.06 tests are not going well. Performance is worse than 1.05 and now my system crashes loading the level or saving. It even crashed one time in the middle of testing the level. Uninstalled and reinstalled version with no improvement. Frame rates are slower and choppy even with the settings put all at the lowest. Average 6 to 10 FPS. Save us Lee!

Screen shot:

http://campanaproductions.com/ColossoTest1.06.jpg

Hold still so I can shoot you!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 20:16 Edited at: 16th Apr 2014 20:17
@Colosso

I suspect that the major problem you are having is your graphics card, the Radeon HD 7340 has a passmark of 210, the minimum spec is currently around 700.

You can find details of most cards [href=http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_li
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 00:32 Edited at: 17th Apr 2014 00:46
A REALLY REALLY minor detail guys....The Uzi just does not cut it !!

It really should be mowing the enemy down but your lucky if you can hit the enemy ...

I know I know....Is that all I have to moan about ?

Well yes actually and that's a good thing right

BTW !! Anyone noticed the "Conkitbank" in the entities folder ?

Very excited
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "BTW !! Anyone noticed the "Conkitbank" in the entities folder ?

Very excited "

yeah I noticed it there, damned if I can figure out how to access it in editor though , so I guess its just sort of there for now and inactive right?!.. till its finished or something?.

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 01:22
Quote: "The Uzi just does not cut it !!

It really should be mowing the enemy down but your lucky if you can hit the enemy ..."

just like the real weapon then , its only a close in tool really spray & prey

cheers henry

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "just like the real weapon then , its only a close in tool really spray & prey "

Arnie had better luck than I did .... Il be back
PM
DaBear
Years of Service
User Offline
Test run, run to the river amd 6570 spec 750 all shader set to lowest and video card textures set to preformace can get 50 fps but really choppy will drop to 0 fps gets better after first kill. will average between 40 and 50 fps.
PM
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 06:52 Edited at: 17th Apr 2014 07:06
I am loving 1.6 Lee did a great job. also did you all know there is some parts of he contkit in fpsR already? also you can save on memory and performance using superflat terrain. 1.6 was is worth the wait and thing are just getting better in the version. read the blog.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Fane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 07:52
@Scene Commander: I make some more tests and I attached the test level in this post. Here are the results.

Running as Admin

R = Reflection set to 100 otherwise Reflection set to 0

Low: 80

Low + R: 45- 50

Med: 65 - 70

Med + R: 45-
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Fane

Thanks for the level, I've tested it and I'm getting about the same results you are on low, but on highest I never dropped below 35fps:

There are several possbilties, the most likely is that all animated object take processing power, and
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 11:11
@Colosso : Your bottleneck is the GPU you are using which is rated at a score of 210. I have tested the software at the lower end down to around 400 which returns a 30 fps on average. There are some things you can try however. Save your level as standalon
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 14:04
I booted it up last night and had a little play. Everything is running really nicely!

GTX 460

AMD 640 Quad 3.0Ghz

8GB RAM

240 SSD

I went into the Setup.ini and changed the setting superflatterrain from =0 to =1, saved it then went back to the editor, tested the level, then pressed F11, turned Terrain, water and AI off. I was getting around 350fps! insane! Granted, I didn't populate the world with a great lot of entities, but, it was still funny to see!

Great job so far Lee and the rest of the team.

Cheers

Jay.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Well as for the top ten list of errors I cannot really give you any but if you want a list of what would be brilliant ( more my wish list really ) for the next beta then here goes..

1.. An Undo Button ( if nothing else this would be nice )

2.. The Conkit ( or part of it just to play with )

3.. A few more characters.( Not meaning the Zombies )

5.. Ingame menu editor

6.. A few more terrain tools for getting finer detail

7.. screen resolution options for launch mode ( that may help users get better speeds )

8.. Window and Fullscreen modes for testing ( alt + Enter ) type of thing

9.. More variety of buildings

10.. Some Sci-fi stuff would be nice ( Guns Characters )

Just a few ideas however unlikely
PM
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know what the max Resolution is?

I filled my level with every animated tree, bush, and flower in the veg pack, added six custom enemies, and lots of grass. Also added water and costume rocks, weapons etc. Level looks filled like a normal AAA game. Veg and light-rays through the forest look amazing by the way!

Every shader is turned up all the way too. Maxed out on grass rendering. I get a smooth close to 30FPS in the standalone. In the editor I get about 20 to 15 fps.

Lee was right, the standalone runs even faster! Although--Lee is right again-- obviously work still has to be done to improve speeds for Higher end machines, and make the animated veg and entities work better for improved FPS. My Mac is benched-marked at about 150000: Geforce GTX 675MX.

Only problem is that I can only go up to 1920 width 1080 height in the standalone. I am running Reloaded, however, on my 2K Mac.

I would love to get a resolution out of the standalone at 2560 x 1440.

Is this possible?

Every time I try, and add this resolution to the standalone setup file, and play the game, all I see when it starts is an empty void. When I change it to the normal HD format above it's fine.

Is there a resolution limit right now?
BarZaTTacKS
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wanted to chime in on performance from my quick test last night. I have crossfire AMD 6970 cards and it runs great! I wanted to know if you had crossfire/SLI support because it really feels much better than v1.005. I can tell for sure though because I did not have crossfire when I ran 1.005 last. So I am not sure if it is scaling or it is just the improvements that were made. Anyway I feel like it runs a bunch smoother, now looking forward to the building creator!! Thanks guys!!!
PM
Fane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 18:51
Quote: "Lee was right, the standalone runs even faster! "

I have no fps improvement with the standalone everything is the same as in the editor. By the way I still cannot pick up entinitys that are on top of other entinitys like ammo on a table. Later I will try to make a level with no animated ent. I am very excited how the performance will be then

System: Win 8.1 64 / i5 @ 3,9GHz / GeForce 760 GTX 192 Bit Dx 11 (Driver 335.23) / 8GB RAM
PM
cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 22:52
Where do you see that conkitbank folder?

I see that not in the the entity folder.
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
its got its own folder in files called conkitbank.

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Where do you see that conkitbank folder?

I see that not in the the entity folder. "

Sorry my apologies its in the files folder....Conkitbank

Dunno why I said in the entities folder ?
PM
Fane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2014 11:09
@cram: I attached a screenshot

PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to disappoint, but the ConKit isn't included with the Beta, but some of the files were present.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sorry to disappoint, but the ConKit isn't included with the Beta, but some of the files were present."

No but the fact the files are there means it could be soon
PM
dwalther6
Years of Service
User Offline
Screenshot with settings per request:

http://public.fotki.com/dwalther2/fpscr-screens/?view=roll#1
PM
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 18th Apr 2014 21:50
@Lee: Qhen I'm closer to the grass, I can see it (first image). When I'm far, I can't. (It seems I'm in the smae sopt, but I'm not. There's a third rock in the tirdh image, behind the one on the right).

Here, there and everywhere
PM
Jackal
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool so far, but I left it open on my pc screen and went and got lunch. When i came back, computer was stuck in black screen and I had to reboot to fix. So not sure about that...

P.S You can keep all the pre-made buildings etc, just give me the construction kit. I itch to play with that...

"Vae Victis"
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 03:42 Edited at: 19th Apr 2014 04:18
I fixed my laptop issue; I got a new laptop, lol! Reloaded was the first program loaded onto it, and it runs much better than on the old one. On both my machines (desktop included, MAME Cab), I get between 40-70 fps with the default settings (get to the river, everything pretty much all the way up, vsync off). I do get some occasional stuttering on both machines while running in the editor, but when I create an executable, it is smooth. I can't help but think I should be getting better frame rates, though, especially on such a basic level. Neither machine is top of the line, but they are both fairly robust, as well as new (no contaminants!). I did notice that as I killed off enemies, my frame rate increased significantly, and gameplay smoothed out more and more, and when I turn off AI altogether, it goes WAY up. Perhaps the AI is one of the next challenges? Anyway, I'm impressed with the improvements, and it sounds like most others are, too. It's been worth the wait for me! As somebody said above, onward and upward!

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 04:05 Edited at: 19th Apr 2014 04:21
LOL, Jackal, I just finished my post then read yours. I had the same problem the other day and fixed it by setting all the power conservation settings on my desktop to a couple hours before anything happens (sleep, monitor shuts off, etc). After reading your post, I glanced over at my desktop and saw this:

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/cableguy3399/media/IMAG0001.jpg.html

Reloaded was the only program running!(I still don't know how to post a pic here, those generated img tags don't work for me, don't know why)

P.S. It never did restart by itself. Nice one, Microsoft!

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 22:10
Hi,

the save standalone exe didn't work for me - I got 'sprite missing at ..' errors after a flashing black screen when launching the created exe.

After playing around with this and changing (in the created setup.ini): fullscreen=1 to this: fullscreen=0 the exe then launched OK.

Low Spec Performance Report (Radeon HD 3470, Core2 Duo T5750)

For Beta 5, with all graphics option set to zero (except vegetation at 50) and shaders set to lowest (except grass - medium) - frame rate was 10 - 15 for "get to river 01".

With Beta 6, same settings as above, frame rate is now 20 to 30. If I adjust setup.ini to width=800, height=600, dividetexturesize=8 (as suggested by Lee) - I get frame rate of 35 to 50. Obviously visuals are degraded a bit but still very playable and I can even turn up some of the graphic options (e.g reflections).

Higher Spec (GeForce GT530, i5-2310)

With this machine I get 15 - 20 fps with default high settings, I have to turn entity and terrain shaders to lowest, then I get a nice smooth 35 - 50 fps (or keep shaders at highest and turn off shadows and light rays completely).

Cheers.

SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 22:19
Quote: "@Landman

That is to be expected the performance work is not done the focus was on low end pc increases high end settings are not expected to be much better. There are still lots more known issues that will be addressed.

The key thing is the low end machines can now get a playable FPS where before they crashed.

I am sure Lee can say more on the specifics but I know my laptop is showing nice improvements, but my gaming pc is similar as before just without that awful stutter "

@TheNext

I'd consider my system as a low end PC. It's a Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2 Ram and a Radeon 7770. So I've noticed a MAJOR improvement in the performance. I was pretty dumb struck when I started up Run to the River because of the significant improvement.

@LeeBamber

Sure no problem. I'll send over a test standalone for you with a level on the Ogre rendering engine. I'm actually using NeoAxis, which is powered by Ogre. NeoAxis is written in C# so I think that will also influence the performance of NeoAxis.

As a matter of interest, has Occlusion culling been implemented in FPSCR?

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lee

New problem (at least for me). My test level with lots of trees and other entities always shows 67 to 70 FPS at the start position and my player movement is really very smooth.

If I add a group of bad guys across the lake where they are ju
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@m2design

Could you please supply an FPM showing this problem? There are a number of factors that could cause AI lag. As we will be focusing on AI for the next beta, it would be useful to track current issues now so they can be addressed.

SC

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Quick question here. Will the final release have all the standard game features like the original FPSC? For example splash screens, menus, and multiple levels put into one final game? Everything is looking and working great. I can even get my levels working on a my old systems that are only a fraction of what is recommended for this latest release. Little tricks like using static items rather than animated ones make my levels run smooth even on the crappiest of my computers. Just wondering. I would like to sell the final games from reloaded just like I have been selling the ones from the original FPSC.

Hold still so I can shoot you!
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2014 16:17 Edited at: 21st Apr 2014 16:19
I can confirm splash screens and menus....One of my first questions

Lee confirmed it will be a lot easier to create menus in reloaded and you will even be able to do it on the fly !!

Also if you are a Gold member then yes you can sell your games
PM
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2014 23:45
Silly to think i could over write the old files and retain all my originals but Im backing up the stuff I want to keep and deleting the software to do a fresh install. Hopefully all my downloads will still be available to me.

Things ive noticed so far, well, the memory meter is far better and the mothions of the players character are just goofy. I can jump over a 10 foot wall with out touching it where as before I couldnt. Its almost as if the gravity isnt set quite right. Could just be me and Ill keep looking into it more after the fresh install.

Case: Antec 900, Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, CPU: AMD T1100 Thuban 6 core @3300 ghz stock settings, COOLER: Thermaltake Frio, MEM: G Skill Ripjaws X series DDR 3 @ 1866 9-10-9-28, HDD: 2 Western Digital caviar Black 750 Gb set in RAID 0, GPU: Saphire HD 6950 flashed with 6970 bios, PSU: Corsair CX750M, MS: Cyborg Rat 7, KB: Logitec G510, OS: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2014 23:48
@Imchasinyou if you place a start marker you can right click it and change player jump height/gravity

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 (PASSMARK 9529) 4GHz CPU, Asus R
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2014 02:46
@Imchasingyou: I think Lee used performance enhancing drugs on this beta.

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB
PM
coolkid123
Years of Service
User Offline
not sure if anyone else is getting this problem but i just installed the v1.006 beta and i thought that it might have fixed the problem but sure enough its still there.

anyways the problem is that every time i walk over the shotgun, sniper and the big pistol thing they dont work. the colt1911 and the uzi work fine but when i try to change to any other gun it doesnt work its like they arent there in my inventory but they dissapear like they have been picked up.

does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this problem??? any help would be much appreciated.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 05:33:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 05:33:21