Product Chat / What would be "THE BEST" op-system & sepcs 4 Reloaded?

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 16:41
Either buying or building a PC specifically for Reloaded and I mite want to use Dark studio's & AGK as well ! I would love to know what the Pro's would use from Platform's to Graphic's capability! Please share....Would you use a laptop or Desktop ? Here's a pic of my current system running XPpro and GeForce 9600 gt....I built it almost 13 years ago for COD! Got tired of upgrading  after COD WaW and when't PS3....which is why I'm here I hate playing now and love Making!!! No ? my 46' Sony Bravia RAWKS as a monitor....
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
im no expert but for a graphics card I guess they use something like this?

http://www.play.com/stores/UrMobile/listing/866801749

if I had the cash for just this 1 item im sure I would have a pc worth about 10k lol or more depends how hardcore you want to go?

I am thinking on getting this machine, at some point in time soonish.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/3230/2497/-/35071937/669591434/VIBOX-Advance-Package-10-Extreme-Gaming-PC-Desktop-Computer-with-22-Monitor-Windows-8-3-8GHz-AMD-Six-6-Core-2GB-Radeon-HD-7850-2TB-32GB-RAM/ListingDetails.html?searchstring=pc

wow that's a long ass link lol... but it looks good at least to me (a noob lol)
PM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 17:51
I really wouldn't recommend the PC with the "long ass link" because it seems to be built on specs, not performance. On the whole it looks good, but 32GB Ram? Seriously, you won't use more than 16gb. I do HD video editing, maxed out it won't run higher than 14GB, so you will never use it.

2TB hard drive? Good storage yes, but you'd do far better to have 1tb + a 128GB SSD - the SSD will give you more performance than all that RAM!

If you really want a high spec PC at good value, build it yourself! It can seem daunting but its really not hard.

You could build a pc with the same specs as that for about £600. 

Personally I think that pc is being sold a bit for the 'AMAZING SPECS' than for value and performance :p

Heres what you'd pay if you built that machine yourself roughly:

GPU: £200 (I looked up the same one)

CPU: £120  (AMD 6 core)

MOBO: £100

SSD: £80 (What I paid for a samsung 128gb)

TB HDD: £60

PSU: £90 (For a good one)

RAM: £60 - £90 

Case: £50

DVD Drive: £20

Total: £720 Max - £265 saving, and thats without me looking into good deals on cards, etc, etc.

You could probably save another £100 if you did a bit of research in to prices and deals

Hope I've been helpful

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
yes you have lol, as ive said b4 im no techie lol, sorry about that.

thanks though for the info
PM
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 18:49
I'v learn'd the hard way that the "game build engine" like's  a powerful microprocessor! I only do my editing on the system in my pic but when I do a "Build" I roll every thing over to a simple desktop I keep in my office! My gaming PC only has a Pent 4 but it has the nVidea card in it so it Plays games nicely but lousy when it builds a game with FPSC! My office PC has an Intel core dual but a cheap built into the mother board graphics card that is to out of date to test the game! But it builds a smooth game that loads fast with FPSC [x9]!!! The microprocessor I would think is the key to any smooth running game with Hi-Res graphics considering PS3 has 8-Dual microprocessor's this should be common knowledge!...
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 18:55
Don't worry about it haha, not everyone has the time to be as sad as me! haha

I've built computers for a few years, so I know how much the retailers overcharge. Its a bit like megapixels, a friend recently got a 20MP camera and wondered why the photos were worse than my old 10mp camera, its not all about one thing! But companies have realised people buy camera by how many megapixels they have and overcharge accordingly :p

But now SSD's are affordable I can't recommend them highly enough, I added one to my base system, (3GB RAM) and it goes 10x faster

Best Regards,

Jem

Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 18:59
sorry @sHn33Ky I keep missing your comments by a few minutes, I'm not ignoring you :p

The PS3 works a little differently - but a decent CPU is not to be argued against

Thats an epic monitor you have as well
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 19:20
Thanks for your input Sparrow and Hood!!! ...Zall good!

I'll probably go with a hi-end Sony laptop made for gaming....I'm a big fan of Sony and not just because of PS3!! But before I spend the $$$  I do my research! 
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 19:50
(But now SSD's are affordable I can't recommend them highly enough, I

added one to my base system, (3GB RAM) and it goes 10x faster )

Never realised that,thanks for the info jem.f

PM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 20:47
It will depend a little on what else is in your system, but without a SSD it took about 1 min 2 seconds to boot, on an SSD about 25 seconds - plus, you click on web-browser/programs etc. and you don't have to wait for them to load at all! I could use any number of examples, but I don't run a high end machine and the change was vast

Much of the slowness associated with too little RAM can be solved by a SSD - I'm able to run games such as GTA IV and Max Payne 3 on Medium settings with it which would have lagged a lot before.

If you have 3 to 6GB Ram and a HDD, upgrade to a SSD before changing the RAM I was astonished at what I got in terms of speed boost the first time, I must admit.

@sHn33Ky - I too like sony, a sight word of warning though, although a laptop is great for portability, I prefer a desktop so its easier to upgrade. Many laptops are far more limited in terms of what you can change (Look at the mbp, they even vacuum seal those now...). Thats possibly me and personal preference though, I like to mix and match bits of hardware.. :p

ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 21:52
I'm gonna take your advise and look into the SSD's for my desktops as they stand Sparrow ....thanks for the advise! As toward a laptop ...I'v never owned one and do need to get one...one day! If I had my choice I'd still get one that runs Windows XP pro which I'm so comfortable with! But I know I have to go with the flow...just wish Mac Book Pro was more ideal for gaming but it's not! So I'm looking hard at VAIO's...
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 22:22
I don't like the Macbooks, you pay a little too much for and 'Apple Logo' - that said they have recently reduced the price. Sadly XP runs out of support in April, so you may run into a lot of issues running it - personally I prefer Windows 7 - but I' not a fan of 8, 8.1, or Vista. 

A SSD is good coupled with a HDD, so you put your OS and programs onto the ssd and data on the hdd - 128GB are the best size for SSD I think, simply because 256 and 512 are rather beyond my budget! But yeah, definitely worth looking around. My laptop's run kingston ssd's (64gb, cost £35 on eBay) and 128Gb (came with laptop) - and my desktop runs a 128GB Samsung. Both brands I'd recommend

I'll have to look in my box of old oem stickers and see if I have an old 7 key you can have - I used to refurbish old computers but theres always some cases beyond repair with the sticker on :p

You can legally download windows 7 discs (without keys) from digital river.
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 22:36
" I used to refurbish old computers but theres always some cases beyond repair with the sticker on "....

Lol....I use to fix old computers and run server's for COD on them in my garage! I would Rcon them from my apartment upstairs and people use to donate $5 and sometimes up to $20 dollars just to play on them!!!  

Dark Dev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2013 08:55
Look at my sig, My PC can run Max setting on Reloaded hopefully.
PM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2013 14:32
" use to fix old computers and run server's for COD on them in my garage! " Yeah, the most PC's I've had up and running was about 50 (there were 80 odd in the shed). Then my parents 'had words' about the power bill... :p

Nice specs @Dark Dev
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2013 15:59
lol...@ Sparrow! My landlord paid the electric bill in my garage and the donations paid my cable/internet/phone bill!Good thing while it lasted...

@ Dark Dev....Very nice specs! Imagine you have no problems running shader's!!!
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2013 16:07
@ All...if you want to join me on a business venture I am looking into starting and Indy server hosting company.I see FPSC as an avenue to run MP/Co-Op games 24/7 online for a small monthly fee from the players.Feel free to contact me at squeegee2c@yahoo.
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2013 19:16
I don't know if it will impact on your plan at all, however - I don't think Reloaded will have MP support for a long time... its not on the priorities list.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-18 05:01:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-18 05:01:23