Off Topic / graphics cards question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello all,

im using a radeon hd 6450, seems to me to be a good card ive had no issues with gaming with it on mid/high settings, but after the test I did for lee, I find my card to be very very low rating...

so I was wondering what cards are good and what cards are not?, so I can upgrade my machine to perform better for the release of reloaded?. please help me lol I am lost in the world of pc hardware so many names and numbers that don't tell me whats good lol.. the only thing I have to go on is price, but that's not a very good indicator for me as I still don't know whats what with them all.

im running a win8 amd fx 4100 quad core processor 3.60ghz 4gb ram of some sort I don't know what lol...

im guessing my card is crap and I know I need more ram to lol.

I was thinking of getting a whole new machine special but seems abit ott for a single software though,

any help would be nice

as always stay safe have fun

hood

PM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 15:28
Hi,

My best advice is firstly to wait for the public beta, performance may change depending on optimisation, etc. Then try running is and see what you get. - The benchmark software may not be flawless.

When the pledgers have access it will be easier to see what cards are best, because there will be a lot more people actually testing the product

So largely I'd check back then - once the Beta has been around for a bit.

Best regards

Jem
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
waiting is not a problem lol as money will define the time i can get a upgrade for my comp, which at the least is a month giving 3 weeks for testing with my current setup.

it would just be nice to know a few things early so i can see and plan out the upgrades needed as im guessing but dont know i will probably have to double my ram from 4 to 8gb also.

thanks for advice though 
PM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2013 17:28
I may be wrong on this, but as FPSC-R is 32 bit, doubling the RAM probably isn't really needed? On my home comp I only have 3gb but can play gta IV etc well, so I reckon 4gb is good

Best upgrades you can get (in my opinion) is graphics, and if you don't have one, a SSD or hybrid drive. I have a Samsung 830 128GB drive - (Cost £80 new) and the performance boost was epic - like 10x faster + system, whats more I'm still on Sata II so if I had a faster board it would be better still.

For now I'm on a Mac Mini (Bootcamp) with dual core i5, 16GB Ram and HD3000... so yeah, upgrade time...
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
ok m8 thanks again ;D hope you have a good time with reloaded when its out 
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 03:26:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 03:26:38