Work In Progress / Haunting of Rosewood remake

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 5th Aug 2024 02:24
Well, while I was waiting for some bugs to get ironed out I was taking a look at my game and thought… I could make this better. So I started a full remake from the ground up with better buildings and more detail. I'm also adding in some more creepy stuff with some new tricks I've been learning. I do think I will keep the new ending I previously made but touch it up a bit. And since it's no longer an untitled horror game I decided to give it a new thread. Like the other one though, when I get it done it will be free to play. Here's some screenshots so far

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2024 17:34 Edited at: 10th Aug 2024 17:43

here's a preview of the first dream sequence remake I've been working on. It follows the same beats as the original but with a darker tone and a few changeups. I also went ahead and bought the cineguru max add-on to be able to do some cooler stuff. I'm not sure if I should've bought it though since it's very distracting! Now all I want to do is play with it and add cut scenes everywhere and interactions. It works great though and I have other plans to make the realtor office more interactive with it as well some other things I have planned.
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2024 01:12 Edited at: 20th Aug 2024 01:14
Here's a little demo of the opening cut scene I made with cineguru max for the realtor office remake.

I just noticed the office music bled into the cut scene so just ignore that part
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2024 02:09
PM
optimalorder
User Offline
Really impressive and surprising. This genre brings thrill to play.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2024 20:53
Thanks, hopefully before long I can get it posted and anyone who wants can try it out. The storyboard editor seems to have a bug that's affecting how the stand-alone loads levels in order making all kinds of bugs happen so I'm waiting on that to get fixed. If it takes too long I might just do a level select screen until it gets sorted out but we'll see how it goes
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2024 20:31 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2024 20:32
Alrighty, I have the game pretty much done. I figured out a way to get around the bugs for now so the levels load correctly. You have to go through a continue screen between each level which is kind of annoying but it's just temporary. So with the version I currently have I figure it would work well while I'm waiting to finalize it to put out there for testing to make sure nothing's confusing or to find problems here and there. So if anyone has some free time and would like to try an early version of it and provide some feedback, please do.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HO0QHShM1CTzsoQerPj_KLeocuRz0laG/view?usp=sharing

report your findings below:
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-25 11:30:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-25 11:30:26