Thanks a lot Mikeven for playing my game.
I'm sorry you had some bugs (apparently on mission one); yet several people have completed it without problem.
Maybe I'll make a speedrun type video to show that everything works.
The problem with bugs is that they are "random"!
I know the problems of gameguru max, that's why I wrote in the manual paragraphs 6 and 7 which are better to follow.
Each episode can be completed in about an hour.
It is therefore strongly recommended to play and complete an episode in one goes, without using the “save” and “load” functions (like in an “old-fashioned” game). It is not completely guaranteed that a reloaded part will keep all logical connections intact. In this case the current level may not be able to be completed, and therefore the episode will have to start again from the beginning. These are the hazards of the “whims” and the “unpredictable” side of GAMEGURU MAX!
In the event of "death", the game resumes at the last "checkpoint" if all goes well. However, to avoid any risk of problems (see note above concerning logical connections), it is advisable to avoid “dying”! It is therefore preferable to advance cautiously in levels loaded with enemies, and to wait for life to regenerate before continuing.
- There are many references to films, TV series or video games in the levels;
- There is a secret area to discover in episode 6;
- In the event of a blocking bug, preventing you from completing a level and progressing in the episode, it is advisable to first try to replay the episode from the beginning.
If the problem persists, it is possible to try playing each level of the episode independently. To do this, you must do the following:
- If the problem concerns episode X, make a separate backup of the folder OET-LHFH EPISODE X/Files/mapbank, containing levelx.1, levelx.2….
- In the game's "mapbank" folder, delete all the "levels" except the one you want to play, for example levelx.2
- Rename levelx.2 to levelx.1
- Restart the episode, levelx.2 should launch
- Repeat the same manipulation for all the “levels” of the episode until the last.
I developed the levels and missions in chronological order, and I think I improved my skills as I went along. I therefore encourage you to play the other missions, they are, according to me, more graphically and technically accomplished.
As you say, I spent a lot of hours on this game.
I know it's not perfect, but I know from having tested it and had it tested that it is playable (barring random bugs, like your fall in the room).
So I don't plan any changes, I need to get back on track with my other activities.
Thanks again for your feedback. Persevere to know the future of humanity!