Product Chat (Early Access) / [SOLVED] How do you remove (delete) a user asset folder in GameGuru Max ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a related problem which I need help with please?

Having copied over the asset folders from GameGuru Classic to that folder, one asset folder (Mega Pack 01) kept crashing when scrolling through it within Max. I attempted to then delete that folder using Windows Explorer but found that Max still showed the Mega Pack 01 folder (even though deleted) and some of its assets that I presume it had converted to its own format before it crashed (so it must be caching them somewhere). I tried asking Bing Chat and it just detailed what I'd tried and brought me to this thread:
"To remove an entity folder from GameGuru Max, you can navigate to the location where the entity folder is stored. According to a discussion on the Steam Community, the location of the entity folder should be C:\Users\user\Documents\GameGuruApps\GameGuruMAX\Files\entitybank\user. Once you have located the folder, you can delete it". Any ideas please?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL just answered this on Steam

Once you delete Mega Pack 01 folder from wherever you copied it then it just should not exist to be read ?
Nothing changes when you copy them over except they are auto converted to .DBO but in that same folder so no it does not make another.
However if you sure you deleted it then re-booting or Restarting Max should clear it.
PM
T1ppex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2023 23:02 Edited at: 1st Sep 2023 23:31
Absolutely checked and re-checked with refresh in Windows Explorer that the "Mega Pack 01 folder" has been deleted. Really strange that both re-booting, re-starting Steam and Max still shows it and a couple of its sub-folders. As it is persistent, some kind of cache is being used. I'm using the Experimental build.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2023 16:11 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2023 16:13
Try removing the GGclassic folder, load Max to check that its gone
make sure the mega pack is deleted from the GGClassic folder then copy it back
see if that then only shows the ones you want .

NOTE ...
Copying the whole lot over in one hit really is not the best way to do this
Some models are very old converted from FPSC and will cause this issue. Not all will work, Its not a 100% guarantee especially the really old ones. Ideally you need to copy a pack at a time, Load Max and check they scroll
then on to the next pack.
Hope that helps
PM
T1ppex
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Ah ... Monkey Frog had the answer on another thread!
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/223576

Quote: "MAX creates a separate place for user files to be stored. It's located at:

Documents>GameGuruApps>GameGuruMAX>Files

This is typically where all of your custom files end up. Try looking there to see if the folders you want to get rid of are there."

.... so the cache is here:
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\GameGuruApps\GameGuruMAX\Files\entitybank\User
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh so you were putting them in the core instead of GameGuruApps
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 19:06:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 19:06:25