Product Chat (Early Access) / New Characters etc?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2023 12:25
I know GGO & GGM come with a load of models and there are also a few DLC packs available which is great. But what has happened to all the indie modellers that made their own packs to sell in the store?

I’m not a modeller, so I sort of rely on you guys to help any project I have going on. And with the updated engine, it would be great to see some new packs and not just updated models from GGO.

So I thought I’d do a little list of things I like to see in case you modellers are stuck for ideas:-

1/ New Sci-fi weapons - Big beautiful guns like used to be in FPSC x10 (sort of a doom feel)

2/ New future Soldiers - Different futuristic combat uniforms, modern robot soldiers, modern robot police etc

3/ New Alien creatures - End of level bosses type of thing,

4/ New Soldiers - Eastern style uniforms ( Think terrorists with head scarfs etc).

5/ New scarier Zombies - Think “Left 4 Dead, DayZ, Dying Light etc” with animations to match. There used to be a good pack in GGO that had a zombie chopped in half with a saw blade & stuck to wall and also crawling zombies ( A new updated version of that would be great).

6/ UK police officers, UK police vehicles, tasers, batons, radios, police signs etc

7/ Buildings you can go inside and walk around like: Police station, Hospital, Fire station, Prison, Hotel, Offices, shopping centre. With variations for Abandoned, war torn, Normal.

8 New NPC’s - UK teen gang (Hoodies up, scarf over face, balaclava etc), Normal teens, kids, woman dressed according to their religious beliefs, women dressed for Job roles, elderly with walking sticks and in wheel chairs etc

9/ New old soldiers from all sides - WW1, WW2, Vietnam soldiers, 1980s Soldiers, knights, romans, Scottish (Brave heart Kilts and all),

10/ New hands to fight with etc - Zombie Hands, Sci-fi monster hands, Sci-fi Soldier hands, Sci-fi Robot soldier hands, more glove options.

Anyway, like I said, these are just my list of models I think would b useful.

Processor i9-9900k CPU@ 3.60GHZ
Ram 32GB
Windows 10 64bit
GeForce RTX 2060
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2023 18:21
What he said, lol
11th gen core i7, RTX 3050 6 GB ram, 24 GB Sys. ram, Win 11. Passmark score 6072.1

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But what has happened to all the indie modellers that made their own packs to sell in the store?"

They are all still around and still selling but those capable of creating characters and Weapons are not so common in fact for Weapons all i can think of is BSP and Errant AI. As for characters i cannot think of anyone except maybe Dagrod but he's more into animals like Dinosaurs etc.

Posting a list of wants is great and all sounds so easy but in the real world to actually commission characters \ weapons professionally can cost thousands of pounds.
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2023 19:02
Quote: "They are all still around and still selling but those capable of creating characters and Weapons are not so common in fact for Weapons all i can think of is BSP and Errant AI. As for characters i cannot think of anyone except maybe Dagrod but he's more into animals like Dinosaurs etc."
Bond1 is still around. Hint.
11th gen core i7, RTX 3050 6 GB ram, 24 GB Sys. ram, Win 11. Passmark score 6072.1

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2023 20:26 Edited at: 30th Jun 2023 20:32
Quote: "Bond1 is still around. Hint."

Ye i consider Bond1 as part of the Dev team as he has already done a lot of internal content for Classic \ Max and continues to do so.
PM
Rector
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2023 21:03
I’m aware that most models can cost money. But isn’t that why they are placed in the store in order to make money? If I knew a model worked in GGM straight out of the box and it looked good. I would pay for it. But it would have to be a quality character, weapon or pack.
Ram 32GB
Windows 10 64bit
GeForce RTX 2060
PM
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2023 22:21 Edited at: 30th Jun 2023 22:30
Quote: "Ye i consider Bond1 as part of the Dev team as he has already done a lot of internal content for Classic \ Max and continues to do so."

Just a small clarification - while it is true that I did commissioned work for TGC during the development of GGC/GGM, I am not ,nor have ever been a TGC employee. And I am not a part of the dev team or included in any way in the current development of GGM.

I'm on the outside looking in just like everyone else. Just a long time member who wants to see GGM succeed, so I try and help when I can - such as with the new FBX rigs.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Bond1
Apologies it was not meant to be taken that way
As i said that was just my opinion as you have done so much internal work and of course are on the Max Credits for Art and Media
PM
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2023 01:54 Edited at: 1st Jul 2023 01:56
@synchromesh No apology necessary I assumed you meant it that way anyway. I just wanted to clarify for the casual forum readers that I wasn't a member of the dev team.

Or more accurately, I didn't want anyone to get the impression that I was trying to portray myself as part of the dev team.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2023 12:42
@bond1, my apologies as well, I mentioned your name because you're, in my opinion, famous around here. You have made awesome characters for TGC. I was thinking of people around here that could make character booster packs.

PM
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2023 16:01
@MK83 Oh hey, really it's no big deal, I wasn't mad at anyone in the least. I'm the one who should be sorry if I came across that way
Rector
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2023 23:38
Hey bond1, Have you any plans in making anything that I mentioned above in the future?
I know there's some great models out there in the DLC packs, but something new like the Eastern Style Uniforms, Zombies/monsters or the Big Scifi Guns would be great.
Ram 32GB
Windows 10 64bit
GeForce RTX 2060
PM
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2023 16:48
Yes I'm going to make some new stuff.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 16:16:06