Work In Progress / Legend of Gadfried downloadable Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2023 17:45 Edited at: 22nd May 2023 17:52
[href]null[/href]Legend of Gadfried - The 8 Rafael Medals
You take on the role of Palvin, a grown-up foundling who finally wants to know his true origins. The fisherman Asmund found him as a small wrapped up child by the wayside and often asked himself the same question. He wants to support Palvin in the search. The old herbalist from the village knew a magician from Falbun, a larger trading town inland, who probably had the answers to the questions. But he didn't want to do it for nothing. For a long time, the magician tried in vain to find a series of medals that can be assigned to the former ruler Rafael. 8 medals, the magician wants to get them, then he wants to help. The herbalist knows about the medals, but only vaguely that they were once hidden by pirates for fear of the ruler's henchmen. They are said to have magic, but no one knows for sure. The magician wants to find out. Now the search for the 8 medals is not so easy because nobody really knows their secret and they could be anywhere. Well then, you have now made it your mission to find these things and travel to Falbun to see the magician.
This demo was supposed to be the start of the story. But it's a huge challenge for me. Many small things have to be considered to get the result the way I want it to be. From optimization to scripting, it is very time consuming. I have a lot of ideas, but I'm hesitant to put them into practice. And then the big question is who cares about games like this. Is it all worth it? A plus for bypassing the not really intelligent AI. There should also be fights, but not to the extent of a shooter. We're already at the limit of GG. RPG and adventure are unloved stepchildren of the engine. Now if I could at least still script it would be an advantage...I could bend some things in my desired direction to make the game more attractive. This shows me again that a small team could achieve so much more, even with ggc. Incidentally, there are still old engines that have not been updated in line with the times, but still arouse interest. Also, I'm back to the point that a game is only as good as its story. It doesn't matter what it was made with. With this in mind, I wish everyone who wants to try it out have fun searching for the 8 medals.

Legend_of_Gadfried_part1

Legend_of_Gadfried_part2
PM
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Lafette,
Thank you very much for sharing this demo of your beautiful game 'The eight Rafael Medals'.
Great work with the design of that medieval village.
I could find two of those medals.

It gave me the opportunity to have a look once again on some of your creations in the Game Creator Store.
You are definitely a great artist. Congratulations.

PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the nice comment. Yes, I've always enjoyed (well, mostly anyway) making models. There are people who like to play, there are people who like to code, and then there are people who like to model. This mix is what makes the computer gaming scene, and we're a part of it.
PM
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2023 11:13
Insanely well made. Played it and loved every second of it.
Hoping for a part 2
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi...

I've found that some people are put off by the split download, so here's the repackaged demo if you like...

DOWNLOAD

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2023-06-05 03:56:14
Your offset time is: 2023-06-05 03:56:14