Scripts / [SOLVED] adding scripts in gameguru max

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't find such an option anywhere in GameGuru MAX, so I decided to ask this question here. How do I add my .lua script to an object?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2023 12:15
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.

Note: You have to include -- DESCRIPTION: what your script does go here at the very beginning of the script.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
black_hat111
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't have such a thing as a quest poster
PM
black_hat111
Years of Service
User Offline
however i already managed to do it, my question was stupid. Problem already solved!
PM
GOTO HelloWorld!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2023 18:39
Certainly not stupid at ALL. I had the same question for GGclassic a few weeks ago. And to be honest, we need someone to do a video on each step required to have a script added and shown inside GGMax and Classic as many people don't know anything about those files or where to find them. if i had not know how to add a script to game guru classic, this post would NOT have give me the answer to how to add it to GGMAx.

So for people who would still struggle with this, here is a little hint about how to actually add such a script INTO GGMax or GGClassic

1. Find your GGMAX or GGClassic Folder ( That should be something like W:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GameGuru MAX)
2. In GGMAX or GGClassic Folder you should see 5 folders
Files
fonts
Guides
shaders
Tools
3. click on Files folder
4. you should see a tons of folders! Those are all that is required for GG to work! Scroll down to a folder name 'scriptbank'.
5. click on it and you will see a folder name 'user', click on that
6. you should see 2 files (blank_icon & blank_icon2) already there.
this is where you should add all your own scripts or scripts you downloaded or created yourself.

Before you ask. Why shouldn't i place them in the 'light' folder, since my script is about lights?

Answer; Because Genius God Lee and his Team are adding stuff, solving bugs and REWRITING ALL THE OTHER FOLDERS ON A CONSTANT BASIS AT EACH UPGRADE. That means, if you add stuff in Light folder or any other folders, they are going to be deleted at the next update. Everything that is inside the folder name 'user', will NOT BE DELETED and be simply PRESERVED.
make sense eh?

Now, to create a script, you need to know LUA scripting language. That i cannot help you with. I am struggling to learn it myself. it is pure programming yet a lot easier than C.

There is a program name CodeWorks Visual Scripting on STeam that can help to make it easier apparently but i didn't try it yet. There is also a program name Lua2Max and LuaPad+.

I hope all of this can help you out.

And remember there is never a stupid question except the one we didn't ask...

i am having fun with GGMax, check it out if you wish!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wEe8z5ZRZYoPaumUkkVmGZydpAZXlMvv/view?usp=share_link

When I died, I want to be buried in Cyrodil!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 05:35:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 05:35:54