Product Chat / Unfinished things

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2023 17:52 Edited at: 12th Apr 2023 17:54
Ok so I am confused

I bought this a long time ago and well, just started using it and to be honest and starting to see that there is a lot not finished or even taken seriously. I will give a small list of things that does not make sense to me.

1.Third person. Well, I thought this would be better. You can make any player in third person but you can not edit there animations or weapons.

2.Inventory. There are scripts so I know it is possible but for a advanced game maker it is not easy to do.

3.Terrain is boggled at some places when I create a random map.

4.Does not scale to my resolution so I had to edit the screens in the lowest resolution to see the results.

What I think is they stopped working on manythings just to make max. This concerns me as if I buy max the same thing will happen to that when the next best thing will be announced. And that will be max 2 and for any new real updates we will have to buy a whole new product.

Also there are no real content packs to buy. Just a few. I can make my own stuff and just might have to and this is ok. But, To be a just click and play game engine it is very sparse for content.

Is this classic finished? done? is third person ever be better?

If not that is ok I guess as I plan on porting everything to AppGameKit but well, just saying, and wondering and concerned.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2023 04:52 Edited at: 7th Dec 2023 06:20
Quote: "Is this classic finished? done? is third person ever be better? "

No there is no intention to improve or complete the third person controller for Classic. The main issue with third person in Classic is its' inability to pick up weapons and weapon swap. We may get a community contribution to help solve this issue, but I wouldn't expect or wait for that. There has been a few official bugs fixes for the third person in the last couple years. But since weapon swapping and collection is considered a feature, its likely to not get "fixed" or added.

Quote: "Also there are no real content packs to buy. Just a few. I can make my own stuff and just might have to and this is ok. But, To be a just click and play game engine it is very sparse for content. "

We do have the the Game Creator Store and there are plenty of free items on there you can download. Here is the direct link to those free assets:

https://gamecreator.store/products/461?search=&engine_support=GGClassic&discounted=false&perpage=32&order=lowtohigh

Quote: "4.Does not scale to my resolution so I had to edit the screens in the lowest resolution to see the results."

What is the resolution of your screen/monitor?
Store Assets - Store Link
Free GGC Resource - Resource Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
mystix
Years of Service
User Offline
Please help me out been using game guru max for sometime now , currently have been having a lot of crashes when it comes to trying to import new material into my game I no longer have the ability to import new entities.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2023 13:52
@Mystix: Make sure that your entity exports are in .x format (you can use fragmotion if your software does not support that format.) for least amount of issues. .FBX is technically supported but can be a bit wonky.

If the built in importer doesn't work, you can make new .fpe files manually or just use this free tool: LINK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:01:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:01:39