Product Chat (Early Access) / Questions before I buy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this just like game guru classic just better? because in game guru classic I can build a game and export it with very little problems and it runs good on my laptop.

Can i make a game and export it?

If i can use classic on my machine, can I also use max and get the same performance?

Is this a version one yet or still early access?

I am thrilled every time i watch a video on max so i am excited to get this.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there
Max has a much higher spec requirement with a minimum of a GTX970 or equivalent.
There is however a try before you buy demo on the Steam Page so you can try it out.
Max is currently leading up to V1 but not quite there yet.
hope that helps
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2023 22:03 Edited at: 9th Apr 2023 22:04
Hello! And happy easter!

Quote: "Is this just like game guru classic just better? because in game guru classic I can build a game and export it with very little problems and it runs good on my laptop."

Yes, that is the idea. Be aware that the engine controls very differently and has more editor features, but being a better GG classic is the goal. Its also a decent expectation (some people expect it to be unity light but that is not likely going to happen).

Quote: "Can i make a game and export it?"

That is the idea. Its in V1 state soon where full export features will be present. You are also allow to sell your game if that is something you are interested in.

Quote: "
If i can use classic on my machine, can I also use max and get the same performance? "

Unfortunately, max is a LOT more hardware hungry than the current iterations of GG, (think GG in 2016)... best try the demo to see how it runs on your end.

Quote: "Is this a version one yet or still early access? "

Still EA but we are very close to V1. However, to be perfectly honest with you, it will likely need a couple more updates in the future, past V1.

-Wolf
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you both for the understanding, I will download the demo and see what happens. Classic runs good on my laptop But I do not know yet about max.

I will let you all know my specks and how good it works after i test it.

This looks like the future if making game in my own opinion.

Again.

Thank you.
PM
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.33 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I will report that Game guru max works real good and fast on my laptop.

I even played the demo games and they ran very fast and perfect other then making my laptop run hot at 71 degrees cel it is all fine and good.

I will buy this as soon as it is released at version 1.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2023 23:05
Glad to see that the software is running well for you!! And given TGC's past track record I can almost guarantee that the performance will be improved with future updates
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I look forward to a fun experience and it looks as they have tried to add just about everything. And the future of game making is here. Hopefully they make a game loader for this to for AppGameKit.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:07:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:07:01