3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Reallusion Character Creator 4 to Game Guru Max Import pipeline help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 8th Mar 2023 23:25 Edited at: 9th Mar 2023 11:48
Has anyone made characters in Reallusion Character Creator 4 and successfully imported it into Game Guru Max complete with animations and all texturing intact? If so, how did you do it? A tutorial would be awesome. Is CC4 too high poly to be useful? If so, how do we make characters above and beyond what little you can do with the built in character creator? How do we make creatures and monsters and not just boring people?

Thank you.

Mike
Protecting your data

www.rubidex.net
thughto
Years of Service
User Offline
I would even use GG Classic characters if I knew how to script them with the new animation system. I'd create characters with Fuse and FBX2GG and import them, even if I had to decimate the mesh down to Classic standards. The character creator is still very limited beyond modern/zombie FPS types.
PM
Tum
Years of Service
User Offline
Is Character Creator 4 possible to use with Max now ?
Has anyone successfully imported a character and got it working in Max ?
PM
Rector
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2023 01:37
I really hate it when we have a forum and the people in the know, just ignore peoples questions?
Processor i9-9900k CPU@ 3.60GHZ
Ram 32GB
Windows 10 64bit
GeForce RTX 2060
PM
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2023 12:35 Edited at: 28th Aug 2023 13:07
@Rector : Let us say it frankly, the asset importer of GameGuru MAX is still a work in progress.
Personally I already posted a few comments in this forum relative to my methods and workflow to import my own rigged animated models.

Performing these imports often requires a lot of manual adjustments and workarounds.

The best advice I could give again is this one :

1) verify that Microsoft 3D viewer (a free powerful tool provided with Windows 10) can load and play the rigged animated mesh in FBX format that you want to import in GG MAX.

2a) if it is not the case then GG MAX won't probably be able to import that animation.
2b) but if it is the case then you can use that tool to save your animation in GLB format.

3a) in GameGuru MAX, if the importer is able to load - improperly - your animation in FBX format, it is however useful to import that animation because the .FPE file created with the .DBO file contains the correct list of the the materials and textures linked to that animation.
3b) still in GameGuru MAX, if the importer is able to load your animation in GLB format, then save that imported animated mesh with another name than the one used for the FBX format.
3c) replace the block ";visual info" found in the FPE file generated with the GLB import by the one found in the FPE file generated with the FBX file. However don't expect to obtain a full match of every materials and textures, because there are often a few ones that aren't listed in the correct order. Anyway with that workaround you could win a lot of time if your mesh contains many links to textures.

Other informations :

As clearly specified by the member Bond1 ( the freelance artist who created the Aztec Collection ) in his tread https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/223894 "... The FBX importer does not like spaces in the bone names! " and I may add that that importer (FBX or GLB format) doesn't like a few other things as I experimented it with a rigged animated mesh that I fully created myself starting from a blank page.

Currently I was able to import rigged animated mesh exported from these applications in FBX format (and optionally converted in GLB format with the Microsoft 3D viewer) :

Daz Studio 4 pro
Shade 3D version 15a
Makehuman + Blender
Poser Pro (via .pz3 export to Daz Studio)
etc.

(comment edited on 2023-August-28th : unnecessary or wrong infos removed)
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2023 22:15 Edited at: 15th May 2023 00:53
Quote: " really hate it when we have a forum and the people in the know, just ignore peoples questions?"

@Rector
Whose ignoring ? ( do you know the answer )
Its more likely nobody here knows. I cant afford to use character Creator 4 and i doubt any here do.
If the OP owns it and cannot import them its probably a no they cant.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 11:40:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 11:40:29