Product Chat (Early Access) / [SOLVED] Make game zones appear

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PUBG
Posted: 8th Mar 2023 09:03
Hi,You can make triggers and audio zones appear with spawn at start.The function spawn at start, I would like to see also in video and image zones.That would be just great.
I have a locked gate.The Locked Text is:Gate locked,find tool.I find bolt cutters.On the way back, a picture or a video zone should show my opening then also briefly.I can take a single picture of it ingame. Or a short video of 2 or 3 frames.This can be implemented really well and quickly. But the video or picture zone should only appear in front of the gate on the way back.So I let the player run through a trigger zone after finding the boltcutter.which then makes the images or video zone appear in front of the gate.Or is there another way? Greetings
[img]null[/img]

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess you could do it now with a bit of manipulation
A triggerzone, spawns another Triggerzone which is connected to a Videozone should work
If Lee has updated the Videozone that is.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
he means there is no way to say "spawn at start = yes / no" on zones - post it as a feature request on github
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Hermm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2023 07:07 Edited at: 9th Mar 2023 07:08

Thanks Synchromesh,I had seen your trigger videos.It's nice that it works in general. Thanks for the way.
PM
Hermm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2023 07:22
Thanks smallg,Yes ,spawn at start query,would be great.Thanks for reporting.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2023 16:31 Edited at: 1st Apr 2023 14:38
This would be how i would handle it now .. But yes better the spawn option.

PM
Hermm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2023 07:25
Oh yes, thank you, that's how I wanted to use it.
PM
LouisMathis
Years of Service
User Offline
It's definitely possible to use the spawn at start function to create triggers and audio zones in your game, and it sounds like you have a good idea for using video and image zones to enhance the player's experience.

To create a video or image zone that only appears after the player has found the bolt cutters and is returning to the gate, you could use a trigger zone to activate the video or image zone at the appropriate time. Here's an example of how you could set this up in your game:

Create a trigger zone that is placed after the gate, but before the area where the bolt cutters are found.
Inside the trigger zone's on trigger enter function, use the spawn command to create the video or image zone at the gate location.
Set the video or image zone's visibility to false when it is spawned, so that it doesn't appear until the trigger zone is activated.
When the player returns to the gate with the bolt cutters, they will trigger the trigger zone, which will then make the video or image zone visible.
This approach allows you to control when the video or image zone appears and ensure that it is only shown at the appropriate time in the game. Let me know if you have any further questions or need help implementing this in your game.
Hermm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2023 00:11
Hi LouisMathis.
I started a small 3 level project right after buying. In the first intoxication and completely motivated.If I take a bolt cutter as a key you should see it very briefly.In a video program it is easy to make a short video from 2 opening images.I was able to time the video with the opening of the gate. And my problem just seemed to make the video zone appear.Now I have received here in the forum 2 instant solutions, from Synchromesh, and from you.Just to make a video zone appear.And now I realized that my way of thinking can not work at all.You can't time the player's behavior at all.if the player presses the E button to open only at the gate, he runs too early into the video zone.if he presses the E button and does not continue, the video comes too late.I thought I could time it because I behaved correctly in my experiments.I think the idea is still good,but Pressing the E key should start the video. And not entering the video zone.I think that the solution will be more in the door behavior.Even if I no longer need a solution for the test game, it would still be nice to be able to support an opening so visually.if you just want to use a tool.Thank you for your help and effort. Greetings
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2023 15:34
Spawning zones as requested would be far better and easiest to work with, however, the trigger zones are just an object that runs an event, and you can do so without zones, via LUA, after all the zones are invisible in-game, they just can be active or does not.
Let's see that you need a tool to open a door when you close the door you get prompted "Hey, you'll need a tool" and then show some pic or run 1 video.
Since you do have not the tool yet the var "HasTool" is equal to 0, so if you grab the tool then HasTool = 1, since the HasTool is equal to 1 so you can show another pic or vid, or play audio, or whatever you want, and so on.
Then the action happens maybe distance-based or condiction-based.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Hermm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2023 02:48 Edited at: 7th Apr 2023 02:49
Thx 3com,but I want to go back to Synchromesh again,regardless now of gate or door.Spawning a video zone is quite easy with its way.I would never have thought that then the trigger zone triggers the video and no longer the video zone.
I think this is generally interesting and would like to show this briefly in the picture. Greetings

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:19:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:19:25