Work In Progress / DARK FUTURE full (mini) game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2023 10:51 Edited at: 11th Feb 2024 19:01
DARK FUTURE is a small game, developed in two weeks, with the intention of testing the ability to create a mini "DAYS GONE - like" (unfortunately without the bikers), with Game Guru Max.

The game has five levels.

To save time, I decided not to overload the levels with unnecessary decorative items; this is why the environments can seem quite empty.

I also didn't waste time creating a whole bunch of different characters with Character Creator, so the enemies are often the same, but that doesn't change the gameplay.

The game has been tested several times, without being blocked before reaching the end.

The only "bugs" found are:

- behavior of enemies not always in accordance with the expected scripts, hence sometimes funny situations.

- sometimes, it happens that a save do not saves collected items, in particular a key connected to a door. So if it happens, if you save after taking a key, and later load that save, you won't be able to open the door and you won't be able to complete the level.

So WARNING: save always at the very beginning of each level, before having collected anything, in order to be able to start the level again in any case. Anyway,during the game, checkpoints are enough to respawn if you die, and save are not very usefull.

That's all, have fun!

download link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kpXYN5yPfX5qLXbBsXcWe72q8TEXNXVj/view?usp=drive_link
Mike Duke
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 1st Mar 2023 12:43
Sounds interesting, can you add some screenshots and possibly video please, not much for users to go on here
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-9700K @4.2GHz - 64GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB - 2TB NVe, 1TB NVe, 2TB Hybrid Data Drive
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Asset Manager
xRange No Nonsense Tools
operation ex tempora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2023 14:50 Edited at: 1st Mar 2023 21:08
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
operation ex tempora, thank you for sharing your game.
I tried to finish the second level, but there were too much zombies and sometimes all of them come at the same place.
Landscapes are nicely designed.

I think that the AI of the enemies (particularly those zombies) needs improvements.
Indeed they find too easily the player and they run extremely fast.
If the player cannot reload its weapon anymore then the attack of a zombie is often fatal.

Nevertheless your game is the perfect demonstration that GG MAX is a very good engine to create games of that category.
Congratulations for all your work and skill.

PM
operation ex tempora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2023 22:06
Thanks Mikeven for playing and for your encouraging comments.
Indeed, mutants sometimes behave strangely, but by going slowly and using health refills, you can reach the end of the level quite easily.
The game includes five levels, I hope you will try to go to the end to know how the game finishes.
Best regards.
Mike Duke

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 15:46:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 15:46:01