Product Chat / [SOLVED] I have tried everthing but the directx 11 error persists

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just as the title says i have tried forever, i was hoping to make a 3d game so i install gameguru classic (it was on sale) and as soon as i launch an error appears, i have even read other forum threads about this and the solutions didnt work for me, my specs are fit to run the program and i have directx 12 installed with the optional components. please help with this

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2023 22:44 Edited at: 21st Jan 2023 22:44
Can you please post your specs especially Gfx Card
Directx 12 is installed by default on Windows 10 and 11 so its a case of working out if your card is using it.
Also what does the error say.
PM
Mstryskull
Years of Service
User Offline
[img]null[/img]

This is what my screen looks like at launch (the error shows up there)

and i also will share my specs:

Device name DESKTOP-3SV0DTQ
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable)
Device ID 11B77FE5-05CC-453C-B73D-0AC73D2239B1
Product ID 00325-84916-11998-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
The pic is not showing
The info still does not tell me what Windows OS, or Gfx Card \ GPU it has ?
PM
Mstryskull
Years of Service
User Offline
i am sorry im new to this forum, idk much about how to learn computer specifications, i am good with code (not much with circut boards, chips or motherboards) i have a windows 10 os installed, with a 2nd gen intel i5-2500. my pc was made and given to me by a friend. i have recently lost contact with him though, my display driver is not a new one, my pc is quite older. i dont meet requirements for windows 11, but my pc can run gameguru im just having main problems initializing directx on gameguru classic. my parts in my pc might play a role in this but i think that it may be a genuine error with the programs installation process (which i have re installed it, Still no results) or the version that was put onto steam might be a problem but from what you are telling me i can see that it is a higher probability to be the components in my pc even if the steam page says that my pc is fit to run the game
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2023 00:59 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2023 01:00
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
You can try this

Go to your steam Library
Right click on GameGuru Classic
Select Properties
then click the " Beta " Tab ( no key required for this )
From the drop down menu select " public-release-last-dx9 "
Game Guru will then auto update or click update.

Reboot then try again. that will put you on the old DX9 version.
If it works its likely your Gfx Card or Gfx GPU is not DX11 compatible.
PM
LouisMathis
User Offline
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with GameGuru Classic. It can be frustrating when software doesn't work as expected.

There are a few things you could try to troubleshoot the issue:

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. You can typically find the latest drivers for your graphics card on the manufacturer's website.

Check that your system meets the minimum requirements for running GameGuru Classic. You can usually find these on the software's website or in the documentation.

Try running the software in compatibility mode. Right-click on the GameGuru Classic shortcut and select "Properties." Then, click on the "Compatibility" tab and check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select an earlier version of Windows from the drop-down menu.

If none of the above solutions work, you could try contacting the software's support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance based on your system's configuration and the error message you're seeing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:14:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:14:20