Product Chat / [SOLVED] third-person RPG-adventure

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello, I'm new here
tell me please, can I use GG classic for making third-person RPG-adventure?
with using all custom graphics:
models, textures, HUD, characters with own sceletal animations (Blender), weapons, equipment. melee combat, item quests
how difficult is it? or it only for FPS
thankyou

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2022 13:15 Edited at: 10th Nov 2022 13:16
Hello!

The third person perspective system has never been implemented properly. Sure you can do a lot of things with clever scripting but you would likely not be able to create anything like switching armor or weapons of your character. ... which you will probably want for an RPG.

A first person RPG is more within the realms of possibilities but it could not be open world and you will likely run into issues transfering your inventory system data between level loads. RPG's also tend to be very vast in scope and scale so it will be very difficult to do in GG.

A first person fantasy adventure with simpler systems would be a better choice for game guru. I've been trying to do something similar myself but with little success... here is the thread if you are interested: [LINK]

-Wolf
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2022 05:41 Edited at: 5th Dec 2022 05:42
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I would avoid doing anything 3rd person related really. Game Guru Classic doesn't support weapon changing with its 3rd person mode.

While I've done a lot of work with 3rd person genre in Game Guru Classic, even while doing it entirely scripted from scratch, you still run into problems if you want to make a system where the character can switch weapons. GGC does not have the proper support for entity attachment to limbs either via scripting. So only way around this is by swapping a player character, but I've also tried that and there are a myriad of issues you will run into with doing that type of work around.

First person certainly is the way to go -- if you want to make an RPG. Custom Huds are supported with Lua scripting. Same with item Quests.
Store Assets - Store Link
Free Assets - Resource Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:37:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:37:20