Product Chat (Early Access) / [SOLVED] Folder to put custom doors and windows for easy builder editor?

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 2nd Nov 2022 01:01
I've been messing with the new easy builder editor and I've made some windows myself that I was going to try with it. After doing some digging through all the folders I can't seem to find the doors and windows folder the easy builder's pulling from. Are you allowed to use custom media with it yet or are you just tied to the stock doors and windows it uses so far?I found the folder for the easy builder under tools but when you go into the file folder it only has editors, font bank and terrain textures.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2022 16:17
hey there,,
the answer seems to be in the latest letter update.
pretty sure its a YES !

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2022 18:23
thanks UNIRD12B,I didn't get around to reading that newsletter but looking at it now it says it's using the doors and windows right from Max's library. I dug up a couple of doors and windows from the stock items and it appears how the building editor finds them is by the keywords and maybe something else. Every one of them has the keyword buildingeditor_door or buildingeditor_window As a tag. I tried it with one of my windows but it didn't pop up in the editor So there might be something else to it or I made a spelling error somewhere it's a good place to start though, thanks for the tip!
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2022 19:02 Edited at: 5th Nov 2022 19:03
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Alright, I figured it out. Besides having the tag in the keywords you also have to name the item accordingly. If it's a window it has to be named "window" with a space dash space and then whatever you're calling it like this:
window – big
If it's a door it's the same thing
door – interior
after that they show up!
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2022 16:58
well done...
great find.

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:59:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:59:02