Product Chat (Early Access) / I have crazy lights that don't want to be consistent...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2022 01:11
Strange things always happen to me... I solve them, but I don't even know where to start with this.
I place lights inside my personal models and it behaves as if it were a reflector (it lights up in the shape of a half sphere). And it's not the only problem with the lighting... in the corridor that can be seen, the flashlight shines on one side correctly, on the other it doesn't. I rotated the model 90ยบ to see what it did and the behavior is the same... Really crazy... I create a space with GGMax models and the light behaves correctly... it would be logical to say that it is a problem with the model... hmm... but what?
Thanks in advance everyone!!! Great community of GG!

The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the first problem that the light is showing a "circle" of light on the ceiling and floor? If so, that's normal. Just increase the RANGE of the light to get the light to spread out more. If, when you do this, you find the light too bright, use the Light Color to set it to a color that is less than full-on white ... like a gray (to control the intensity of the light).

As far as you're second issue, I've not encountered this myself, but I have seen it elsewhere. Not sure what exactly the problem is (and I've not yet had my coffee, so ...). You said you made these models yourself? Look at the offending model in your 3D application of choice. I would start by checking the normals to make sure they're all correct.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2022 18:43
mammalian batrachian friend! That's what I call a tip where to start!!!!!! Thanks for that! The image in a TGC model was to show the correct behavior of light on the same map... it was not a mistake... Big hug!
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2022 21:58 Edited at: 25th Aug 2022 22:02

I can't find a solution... here I just created a 3x4 floor (24 polygons) in FragMotion and we clearly see the phenomenon... the lighting behaves like a half sphere. There is nothing weird like reversal of normals or something similar... Any ideas? TY!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2022 23:16

REPAIRED! I'm telling you so that if someone experiences the same thing, keep it in mind: I tried model X configurations, I tried other fragmotion export formats... There was no solution...
I checked with Steam the GG-MAX files... nothing...
What if I reinstall Fragmotion? plop! The magic happened! What was the problem... No idea...
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What if I reinstall Fragmotion? plop! The magic happened! What was the problem... No idea..."

Sound obvious to me. Corrupted files in Fragmotion if a reinstall rectified it
Great you sorted it though .. If you posted it as an issue on Github please close it
No one ever really leaves.
PM
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2022 02:36
they are very busy there... so it will be my last resort... just in case i believe for sure it is a ggmax bug
a big synchro hug!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:39:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:39:35