Product Chat (Early Access) / Problem with mammal_generic.lua behaviour since latest update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2022 14:21
Hi all, I'm new to GGM but not to programming and system design etc. Love this program but I'm stumped with a change in my project which I can't explain... I have 6 Rabbits 1 Fox and several Rats running around in this game, and where they used to all take off in different directions etc when I'd approach, they now just sit there running through the preening (idle) animation. I did at one point change the behaviour of one of the Rats to some of the others available but changed back to the original.

Now it doesn't matter which mammal I place on the level it just sits there idling. The default mammal_generic.lua has not been tampered with or edited. Is this a problem introduced in the latest update? (I can't see how), or has some other form of corruption to the default behaviour occurred?
Is there a way of resetting the behaviours to default? I've put a lot of work into this level and would hate to have to lose it and start again.
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2022 15:58
Why Not ,
try a Steam file verification update..
just to make sure all is set to normal..
its often the quickest and easiest fix for most
aberrative behaviours.

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
rickaitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2022 05:00 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2022 09:13
Thanks UNIRD12B, did the file verification and installation all good but problem still exists.
PM
rickaitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2022 10:12
OK, I'm pretty sure this has to be a problem introduced with the last update... I've done clean GGM installs on 3 other machines and deliberately NOT tried my project on them. Instead, I started a new project with a new level and placed the Player and several of the Mammals. Running the level, as with my project, the Mammals behaviour is to just sit preening. They don't run away when the player approaches (as before). This happens on all 3 of the clean installs.

Can someone please test this? And is there a bug notification system or do the developers check these posts? Thanks for any help!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like a bug
Yes The Github is the place to post bugs for Max. They will see it there.
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues
No one ever really leaves.
PM
rickaitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2022 10:54
Will do, thanks Synchromesh.
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2022 16:36 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2022 16:37
ok , I tried mammal
with white rabbit...and black rabbit...so far works
as advertised .
After a restart.....

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:30:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:30:07