Product Chat / Bug - Gameplay slows base on where mouse is looking

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2022 03:11
So as the title says, when I run the test game to try my levels out I have this problem where the player (and also ai) move around laggy. Couldn't figure out what went wrong (I was playing around with the core files without a backup) so I uninstalled and reinstalled which didn't solve the problem so I unistalled it and Steam (figured that was backing up my saves and also the corrupt files I screwed up). Just got it all back recently (life got in the way) and the problem is still there but not my saves so I (think) the corrupted files were fixed. Alittle peeved, I decided to do some testing and found that it lags when the mouse/camera looks below the horizon but functions fine pointing above the horizon.

Now what's actually happening (in "laggy" mode) is when the player moves its very slow, but not constant. You'll be moving slow like a jeep deep in the mud, but then it'll "catch" every so often and the player will move and normal speed for like a nano sec and then back to moving through the mud. I tossed in a melee character and they are equally affected (laggy when the camera points down, not when it points up).

Also jump is affected too: Regular jump pointed up, barely a bounce looking down.

And I also remember not having this issue till they did the water update where you could go real fancy with water (may not be the culprit, but the evidence is not looking good for it's innocence).

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it (or maybe a way to turn the water off to see if that fixes it).

Thanks!

- ps, I didn't really search the forum well for similar topics, nor am I sure if this is the correct spot (though it seemed the most promising of all the categories for classic), sorry :/
If you\'ve noticed this notice, you will have noticed that this notice was not worth noticing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 08:09:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 08:09:29