Scripts / Compass

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't write this; extracted from scuba script.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2022 20:28
If this is a stock script then doing this is fine for your own game, and probably ok from TGCs POV for you to share but you should really ask them first.

Even if it is a stock script it could have been written by a third party author in which case you should ask them if it is OK for you to share it like this.

This is no different from taking a helicopter model, for example, and chopping off the blades and sharing it on here. i.e. that would be frowned upon by the original artist! (I know this as I did it and got told off! )

Of course another, better way, would be to make a tutorial thread, using this script as an example, showing others how to modify a script to suit another purpose. That way people could make the changes themselves and hopefully learn a bit about Lua scripting in the process.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2022 13:43
I am impressed to actually see an old animated model I made go into gameguru max models.
Not asked but I could of done a new better one now for them. I did give it out to the world to do whatever they want but sell it.

My point is I was amused and if they ask I will do a better one for them animated etc.
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:24:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:24:19