Product Chat (Early Access) / [SOLVED] Finding an Entity in a Map

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My Player encountered a character I didn't even know was in my map. I have no idea where it is and I can't seem to find it.

I heard there was a way to locate specific entities, but I can't figure out how.

Does anyone know?
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Make sure that Allow Selection of Detailed Objects List is checked (Edit>Settings under the Advanced tab). Go to your Level Objects (top-left panel) and look for the down-facing arrow (Add, search bar, then arrow). Click that and from the list select "Detailed Object List". Once you do that, the Level Objects panel will now show a list of all item types in your level. You can twirl each open to reveal how many of a type (i.e. if you see an arrow with Light after it, twirling that down will reveal a list of all lights in your level). Double click any of the objects (such as one of the lights) and the viewport will zoom to that object and it will be selected for you.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
_tiptoe_
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: gameguru max
Posted: 25th Jul 2022 00:58
Thanks for tip. Can I delete an object from the "detailed objects list"?

I have a play sound trigger buried in the terrain and a couple odds and ends. I can highlight them but cannot delete, lol.

PM
Kraven W
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2022 16:21 Edited at: 25th Jul 2022 16:23
Quote: "Thanks for tip. Can I delete an object from the "detailed objects list"?"

Select the object in the detailed object's list and press the delete key while your cursor is in the editor window.
Once a wolf, always a wolf.
_tiptoe_
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: gameguru max
Posted: 25th Jul 2022 23:56
Thanks @Kraven W

Worked on a few. The page up/page down keys will raise and lower objects if you cannot click through with mouse. Have my map all cleaned up.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:45:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:45:05