Product Chat (Early Access) / Weird problem - bought GG Max on TGC - now it says STEAM

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 25th Jun 2022 02:44
The weirdest thing just happened. I installed the TGC version of GG Max, but today I updated it and now it says I am running the STEAM version and exits, saying I did not buy it.

Help!

Mike
YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.atomiccatinteractive.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you order the Steam key originally ?
If so your steam Key will be in your TGC account and the download version may no longer work
If not then its one for the Github I think.
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues

No one ever really leaves.
PM
count2rfeit
Years of Service
User Offline
same thing just happened to me... did not buy on Steam - do not have a key. All was working fine until this last update

Please help
PM
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2022 00:53 Edited at: 26th Jun 2022 00:54
No, I never bought the STEAM key. Early purchaser - literally the day it was announced. Just checked my account on TGC - no STEAM key or version was ever ordered.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I have seen a few of these now so marked as Urgent on the Github
PM
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2022 22:19 Edited at: 1st Jul 2022 22:21
Common guys. I have not been able to use GG Max in weeks because of this problem. It won't start because it says I did not buy the STEAM version, yet just today I downloaded the tiny installer from my account page off of the Game Creators website, installed it and tried to run it again.

Is this going to get fixed?

If not, at least give me a steam key for GG Max, the bonus content, booster pack and the Aztec pack, which I also bought.

Not cool.

Mike

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Common guys. I have not been able to use GG Max in weeks because of this problem. It won't start because it says I did not buy the STEAM version, yet just today I downloaded the tiny installer from my account page off of the Game Creators website, installed it and tried to run it again.

Is this going to get fixed?"

Did you bother to post it on Github as suggested or even check if there was a response to those that did.
Its been sorted .. Update your version of Max .. If there is no update Verify and that should fix it.
PM
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2022 12:38 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2022 12:40
I did know it was put on github and I did download off my TGC account yesterday and tried to reinstall. Same problem. Nothing is fixed for me. BTW, I am not a beta tester. I am a paying customer. My mentioning it here should be good enough. I don't need comments like that.

Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2022 16:08 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2022 16:08
We're all paying customers. But because we've opted to work with MAX while it's still Early Access software, we're also beta-testers, too. Else, we wait for the full release of the software.

Quote: "My mentioning it here should be good enough."

The problem is, this is the user forum. As a result, the TGC team does not always (or even frequently) read the posts here. However, they do read the posts on their GitHub. This is why people ask if you've posted your issue there. It ensures it gets seen by the TGC staff.

As a paying customer, what you should do is contact TGC support directly with your issue. Start a dialog with them and see if they have a solution for you. The rest of us here, like you, are paying customers too and, as a result, any help given is limited.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2022 16:15 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2022 16:16
Quote: "I did know it was put on github and I did download off my TGC account yesterday and tried to reinstall. Same problem. Nothing is fixed for me. BTW, I am not a beta tester. I am a paying customer. My mentioning it here should be good enough. I don't need comments like that."

Everyone is a paying customer but my first post suggested you report it on the Github with a link.
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues

There are 3 Discord channels, a Steam and Main forum it makes perfect sense to report the bugs in one place where the Development Team can converse with you directly rather than you post on one of the forums and hope for the best that they see it.
My post was in response to " Is this going to get fixed " ," Not cool " comments when i had already suggested this course of action.
However If your still getting the issue then you will have open a new issue there so the Team can investigate with you.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:34:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:34:55