Product Chat (Early Access) / [SOLVED] Particle Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2022 14:04
Hi guys, Just got GG Max and have only been experimenting for a few hours. Now I heard that if you had the particle editor for AGK studio it would work in GG max, I looked at thinks on the forum and asked a couple of questions. When I went on I saw I could add particles so I presumed it had been added to my version. Not knowing much I didn`t realise that I could only add the 15 included and not edit or import/ create more. Have just done something totally wrong or has it not been implemented yet ? I bought all of steam. Cheers

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
You can use (just about) any of the particles included with Particle Editor and you can create your own custom particles in Particle Editor, too, and use them in GameGuru MAX. Currently, the AGK version does not automatically link to MAX like the MAX version of Particle Editor (which is identical, apart from being linked directly to MAX). However, TGC has said they will supply a solution for those of us that own the AGK version so that it will be linked to MAX, too. That could be an update to our AGK version or perhaps giving us a Steam key to the MAX version or ... ??? We will just have to wait and see. One source at TGC states they hope to know more in the next day.

In the mean time, just use your version of the Particle Editor as normal. Once you have the particle you want, click the Save Icon near the top-left, give it a name, and save. The saved particle will be placed in the Particle Editor folder in media>export. There will be four files created for each particle you make ... name.arx, name_g.png, name_r.png, and name_sx.png. Copy all four files and go to the following:

Documents>GameGuruApps>GameGuruMAX>Files>particlebank>user

Paste the four files here. Then, once you are in MAX, you can access your custom-made particles by go to the Particles bar, clicking on Add New Particle, and then going to the User area in the pop-up that shows up.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
If you currently own the particle editor you can get the Max version added to your account by request.
Just trying to confirm how you do this.
No one ever really leaves.
PM
Baldielocks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2022 10:52
Cheers for that, If you can post how when you find out I`d be grateful. Cheers for the help.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2022 12:22 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2022 13:04
Quote: "Cheers for that, If you can post how when you find out I`d be grateful. Cheers for the help."

Ok you need to contact Customer Support with your email of your TGC account and purchase details of your Particle editor. They will sort it out for you
No one ever really leaves.
PM
Baldielocks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2022 16:37
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Sorted Thanks mate
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 21:55:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 21:55:43