3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [SOLVED] Need help exporting from bender to Max

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a sign and have been trying to export it, how do I bake my textures on it and get it to load up right in Max?

It either comes in as pieces or not at all, still, try to figure Blender out, is there an easier program out there that is good for beginners?

I am uploading the blender file which is my own design along with the FBX file and the Obj that I had exported out of blender.

I would be grateful for any advice or help with this.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2022 16:01 Edited at: 8th Jun 2022 16:04
Honestly ,
I use
Cartography Shop ..by the GAME CREATORS
to do all kinds of objects and it imports easily to GGM

http://web.archive.org/web/20100223051744/http://cartographyshop.thegamecreators.com:80/

ITS FREE TOO

OR
MAPSCAPE

http://www.evolved-software.com/mapscape/mapscape

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Shadow_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
@UNIRD12B Thank you so much and I will try those out
PM
Kraven W
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2022 18:25 Edited at: 8th Jun 2022 18:26
Forum bug. I can't download your .blend file because the names of the other files are overlapping it.

@Shadow_Master, There's no need to make your sign multiple objects that require multiple materials. I would also recommend adding any text to the models texture, rather than modeling individual letters.

Here's an attachment with an updated .obj file for you with the sign mapped to a single texture and a video showing how I did it. I'm using an older version of Blender, but it should load up fine for you:

Here hotkeys I used for the video:
-Shift+Right-click to select multiple object then Ctrl+J to join them into a single mesh.
-Tab for edit mode
-A to select all or B+Left Click to drag and select
-Right-click to select a vert, face, etc. then Ctrl +L to select the entire mesh it is a part of
-U to bring up the unwrapping option, and 1,3 and 7 keys on the number pad to change perspective then "project from bounds" to unwrap --the selected faces the way they appear in the viewport.
S to scale, or S+ x,y or z to scale on that specific axis.

Don't give up on Blender. You're not going to find a better option and it's worth the extra time to learn. Very fast and efficient modeling program once you pick up on the hotkeys.

EDIT: Forgot attachments. Here you go:

Attachments

Shadow_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much @Kraven
PM
Shadow_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2022 00:19 Edited at: 9th Jun 2022 01:07
@Kraven, I could not load up a screenshot in the pm, so replying on the form. I follow your instructions and only the arrow received the texture.

I will try to figure it out but wanted you to know again thank you for your hard work in helping me

PM
Kraven W
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2022 02:01 Edited at: 9th Jun 2022 02:02
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Worked fine for me. The normals on the letters were facing the wrong way so you couldn't see them. Here's a new .blend file and a very hastily put-together texture for you to use, along with the UV layout saved as a .png file so you can make yourself a better texture.

I would recommend practicing Blender by:
1. Deleting the letters and making the text a part of the texture.
2. Realigning the mesh so it's origin (orange dot) is centered with the middle grid (do this by moving the mesh in edit mode so the origin dot falls in it's center), and the dot is on the 0,0,0, position (exact center grid with post of the sign level with the green/red grid lines.
3. Rescaling it in Blender so you don't have to in GGM. (Select mesh, press S then 2 and ENTER)

EDIT: Attachments didn't attach (again)

Attachments

Shadow_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2022 03:24 Edited at: 9th Jun 2022 03:27
Thank you so much again, I am so grateful to you for all your help and patience @Kraven
PM
Shadow_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Signs look great and clean, I will take my time and make more off of Kraven designs, thanks again @kraven

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:55:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:55:41