Work In Progress / Space combat

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2022 10:13 Edited at: 25th Jun 2022 06:03
Hello everybody!

Is it possible to create an amazing 3D space game with GameGuru Max?
The position of the sun can be set in advance with right-angled X,Y,Z coordinates, whereby the factor R must be taken into account in addition to the distance to the observation site:
In general:
X1= R*cos(B)*cos(L)
Y1= R*cos(B)*sin(L)
Z1=R*sin(B)
R = distance; B = declination; L = rightascension of an Sky Dom object,
to plot the Cartesian rectangular coordinates of an object into the graticule.
That's all.
However, the terrain and cloud layer needs to be able to be turned off in order to represent a procedural planet in space with shaders for atmosphere scattering, and whose surface can also be landed on.
In this case, the default layer for terrain and cloud should also be deactivated.

Gameguru Max Game Lost Places in Progress!

As you can see from the frame rate, a Geforce 1060 6GB VRAM OC with 25-50 FRS has reached the limit of an ephemeris.
An RTX 4070 (about RTX 3090 level) available from July-August for 500 EUR probably represents the new menopause.
Core i7 6700K Asus Z270G , Asus GeForce GTX 1060, 32GB RAM , 1 TB Samsung SSD. Windows 7/8.1/10/11 64 Bit.
PM
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello ID_OK.

As I can see you already spent a lot of time to create your interesting game with a dark atmosphere.
Today I watched a second time your video (format 480p) with my headphones connected and I could appreciate the quality of the sounds and of the music.

The animation of this character is quite good !

PM
ID_OK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2022 17:26 Edited at: 24th May 2022 16:04
hello mikeven

Thank you for your reply and your interest in Lost Places.
Unfortunately, the early access phase will probably only end in about 6 months.
The framed character is from the GG Max Character Editor. Great tool.
In general: Finally a really good RAD (Rapid EWS Application Development System) for the >lazy< one-man low-budget developer.
In my opinion, The Game Creators succeeded in giving the player the mystical atmosphere that was previously reserved for only one game, namely Unreal I. Since it was my first game (included with the Creative Soundblaster Live) , it set the standard for me for a mystical atmospheric game that.
Working with other development systems like OpnGL API, Directx API and Win32 API is too time consuming and too much work for a ONE MAN developer, except for Borland Builder's RAD EWS which is used to quickly code in OpenGL or DriectX .

In any case, Gameguru Max fills a need gap for small, low-budget developers who want to develop a one-man game. You have The Game Creators to thank for delivering this in the highest possible quality of game atmosphere to make your dreams come true without getting old and gray over developing a game. Judging by the fact that huge development teams work 8 years and more on a modern game with high-resolution details and have to invest 8 million and more US dollars, which costs only a few euros after a few months.

But Dark Basic Professional still has a lot of potential, which unfortunately has been put on hold and is still being uploaded by the developer http://www.evolved-software.com/ with the editor Mapscape v3 and Advanced Lighting.
A Dark Basic Professional Reloaded with these development tools from http://www.evolved-software.com would actually be desirable, especially since there are still a lot of plugins to enable and support DBP again.

Incidentally, fog effects and menhirs are from the Youtuber 42Pixel >Creating a AAA scene with Game Guru Max Easy Game Builder?< https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojGwY7CUY54&t=156s
(Sorry Google-Tranlator german ->english).

Happy Coding!
Core i7 6700K Asus Z270G , Asus GeForce RTX 3060 Ti O8G-MINI, 16GB RAM , 1 TB Samsung SSD. Windows 7/8.1/10/11 64 Bit.
PM
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
ID_OK, thank you for all those informations. Even if your comment is translated with a software it is quite understandable. (my mother language is French).

Indeed in many aspects GameGuru MAX is a quite good game engine.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:51:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:51:25