Product Chat (Early Access) / Sorting Things Out - Huge Props!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been elbow-deep in GGMax for about a week now, and I'm LOVIN it!

Yep, there's some issues. Like when attempting to modify the awesome (thanks guys! )demo games. I've found that asset addition and subtraction seems to be rock solid. But, if your try to remove trigger zones (some, not all) it can crash the program - sometimes. Sometimes the deletion doesn't crash it, but when you try to save the changes, it crashes. In either case, it seems to lose your new saved and modified level - reverting you back to the 'create a landscape' option. Good news is that if you delete the 'level 1', you can insert your saved and existing level and go from there. It's a really interesting bugaboo. Good news is, that if you simply move the trigger zones vertically out of the 'editable area' it avoids the crashes. Seems like a solid work-around for the moment.

I don't post much... HA... hardly ever - but I've been following you guys for a very long time now, and I have to say that I'm having the most fun with game development than since I was creating the SkyMatter assets for your store. I take that back! I'm having more fun now, by a large margin!

Will I ever produce a commercial game? Perhaps... but honestly, not likely. But that's not the point! The thing is, is that you're in the process of creating something that is making that reality possible for everyone.

I'm having a BLAST!! Glitches and all! To the Dev Team - Congrats on the best thing that has ever come out of your shop!!!

#I'm A Fan
PM
thatandplaygames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2022 16:44 Edited at: 24th Apr 2022 16:45
"you're in the process of creating something that is making that reality possible for everyone" 100%

This is why I asked myself, what kind of game would I LOVE to play? Now I'm making it and will be sharing it very soon.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2022 14:53
Quote: "I've been elbow-deep in GGMax for about a week now, and I'm LOVIN it!"

Glad your having fun

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
AORUS B550 Master Motherboard
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz