Product Chat (Early Access) / [ANNOUNCEMENT] How to find PUBLIC PREVIEW and VERIFY FILES on Steam

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2022 12:21 Edited at: 30th Mar 2022 10:38
Hi All,

As I may get asked this a few times, I have created a step by step of how you can switch your GameGuru MAX on Steam to use the PUBLICPREVIEW branch which contains all our latest hotfixes 'before' they are added to the main public version:

HOW TO FIND PUBLICPREVIEW:
1. Launch the Steam client
2. Select LIBRARY and COLLECTIONS to find your GameGuru MAX product
3. Right-click the "GameGuru MAX" product showing on the left and you will see a drop-down containing an item called "Properties..."
4. Select properties and then select the BETAS item on the left side of the panel that just appeared
5. Select the NONE item contained in a drop-down box and you will see an option to select "publicpreview"
6. Select this, and then restart the Steam client.
7. When you return to the Steam client, the product will update to use a version we are testing before the main release
8. If you have an issue, and we have reported it fixed, you can find that fix in this branch

HOW TO VERIFY YOUR FILES:
1. Sometimes you can have issues with MAX not launching, or other corruptions, caused by missing files
2. You can ensure there are no missing files by verifying, which is a feature of the Steam Client
3. Launch the Steam client
4. Select LIBRARY and COLLECTIONS to find your GameGuru MAX product
5. Right-click the "GameGuru MAX" product showing on the left and you will see a drop-down containing an item called "Properties..."
6. Select the LOCAL FILES item on the left
7. Click the "Verify integrity of software files..." button and the process will begin
8. Once complete, restart Steam client and launch MAX again to confirm this fixes your issue

Hopefully, this gives you an idea of how to find your fix in record time. Let me know if you would like a video/screenshots
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 01:36:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 01:36:29