Product Chat / [GG Classic] Status on having animated/video main menus?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys

I found a couple of old threads from 2018 and 2019 (links below) in regards to having an animated main menu, specifically a video potentially on loop while you choose your options.

Both threads pretty much end with this feature potentially getting looked into in the future and i was wondering if anything actually became of this? Did anyone find a way of getting this to work on GG classic?

2018 thread:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219753

2019 thread:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220600
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
It never happened unfortunately and we do not have it with Max either although it might happen at some point with Max having a built in Story board .
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2022 08:20
Unfortunately, no.
Cybernescence has some success on his own personal, heavy-modified build of Game Guru back when we had access to the source code, but this feature was never pushed to the public release. Once the source code was hidden following the announcement of Game Guru Max, that effectively ended the possibility of custom builds of Game Guru. And since then, the official line has been that Classic will only receive bug fixes going forward, no new features.

AE
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2022 09:15 Edited at: 25th Jan 2022 09:19
If classic has max code they will shut it all off for the future of max.

Max wont open up its source anytime in the next 10 years.... How do i know.

Character creator is the golden goose for max and it when finished will be tbh an amazing part of max.
They dbo the characters and so you cant grab them and use them elsewhere

Clever and i would do the same. Why give all your hard work to another engine. Would be a really stupid move i see a lot of gang gury models in many other engines and they buy classic for the extras. Classic is a cheap supply of models

So at a guess open source max is never gonna happen in the next 10 years

I just hope it is possible to edit all in the creator anf and they give us all we need
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
Bob Humid [2021]
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2022 00:03 Edited at: 26th Jan 2022 00:19
Quote: "Character creator is the golden goose for max and it when finished will be tbh an amazing part of max.
They dbo the characters and so you cant grab them and use them elsewhere"

science boy...

May you please reinvent that sentence and write it down again? Dont get me wrong, but I just dont get it, its some twisted english ...

And is this a sentence? "They dbo the characters"?

And why would the character creator be a golden goose? If it would, it would be a separate software being priced half way under competitor character creator programs - or do I miss something?
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2022 08:27
Tbh that was one of science boy's more easily deciphered posts.

He's basically saying that because Max's character creator saves the finished character as a .dbo file, which no other game engine supports, the characters created in said character creator can only be used in Max. If someone was deciding between Max and, for example, S2 engine, or Copper Cube Professional, they might buy Max purely because it has a hassle-free character creator.

AE
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
@Avenging Eagle
Lee's forums conspectus states something in regard to;
"GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions."
Yeah, I know, we can take that with an old grain of salt... we wish it was sugar.

Also I hope when they add on to the MAX CC they consider plain, everyday characters the likes of
Truck drivers, teachers, construction workers, office personnel, vacationers, maybe even lawyers...
but that last one goes maybe @ FPS?
I hope they don't just fill it with modern military and then WW2 military and then WW1 military and then 1860's military and then medieval military and then military scifi and more military military military.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:58:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:58:08