Scripts / Removing terrain permanetly?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How can i remove terrain permanently? Even when i publish the game as a standalone?

Like my game is 100 fps then when i enable terrain it drops to like 25 fps lol..

Is it possible to go into the files and remove terrain forever?
PM
fabrieno80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2022 20:48 Edited at: 13th Feb 2022 19:28
Terrain removal has been a problem ever since base building was introduced. It’s effectively a feature day one bug that’s never been fixed. There’s also a problem with grass and rocks “growing back” inside base components. That’s why I and others elevate our bases.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2022 01:15 Edited at: 14th Feb 2022 01:28
I'm assuming this is a question in regards to Game Guru Classic.

The Lua command is:
HideTerrain()

If you dont want to write the script yourself, you can use the script "goindoors.lua" and put in the a Trigger Zone near the player start marker. This will hide the terrain and water.

If your issues are related to FPS drop, you should consider making the terrain completely flat. You can do this by flattening it within the editor. Or using the super flat option in setup.ini. You can also reduce the terrain quality by reducing its shader in the TAB TAB menu and set to Lowest. You can also change the Terrain Size to 1, so it doesn't draw it in the distance. If you are making an indoor level, you should also reduce the Camera Size to be as close as possible without walls disappearing within few. You'll gain FPS with this process.

Additionally, if your map is an indoor map, make sure to turn off all vegetation sliders in the TAB TAB menu settings and reduce its shader quality to "Lowest".
Store Assets - Store Link
Free Assets - Resource Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:31:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:31:45