Product Chat (Early Access) / [LOCKED] New Recruit?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Got GGMAX. What to say? It's a big project, needs plenty of big work done / re-done. And this is just talking about the first, preliminary views within the Editor itself. Have no idea how a game would run.
How to search GitHub to see if issues have already been posted? The editor just sends me to sign up for GitHub, but I don't plan to just yet. I prefer to signal opinions here for the time being. 15 minutes in GGMAX showed these things which looked pretty important to me.

#1 Plastic terrain shines like soaked in oil or mimics brand new, but cheap toy dinosaur skin. I think this is the mountain biome? Not sure. How many people will allow this one to pass?

#2 Trees are underwater. Do you have a "regenerate vegetation" button so when you raise the water, trees can be re-computed so the whole ocean doesn't have underwater trees? Also the texture itself should change underwater. If the terrain above water shouldn't be shiny-- and it should NOT, then underwater textures should be completely matte, dull, MURKY!

#2-b Trees are floating above the terrain. Changed the terrain height, and while walking through the woods, I saw a paranormal sight of trees floating in the air. Trees should be dead LAST when rendering the procedural terrain. Even after rocks! I should know since I made procedural terrains in Classic and you don't want trees floating or growing out of rocks! (much less water)

#3 Speaking of water + terrain. I think there will be a lot of water or the potential of water on users maps. If you don't have a 'swim' type behavior for the player, I can see a lot of users making games with water all over in which people hate because there is no way to cross it. A very quick and dirty, rudimentary water crossing method seems nearly crucial. I guess they will have to script their own teleported triggers? "Press 'E' to cross river." Boom, you are on the other side?

#4 Selecting /rotating / moving things is a real hassle. I tried to put a crate on a hill like Lee demonstrated, okay, next rotating it in 'Y' and placing it again refused to cooperate. It would not accept the new rotation AND the conform to hillside. ------- Found out if you drag and hit 'R' while you are dragging it, it works. But you have to let it go to move across the EDITOR screen for sliding the rotation slider and in this respect, it does NOT work. I suggest a button where you place your crate down, place it in any rotation you want, then click one button to make it hug the terrain.

#5 To fix #4, we have to fix this issue; It seems like in order to be "selecting" an item, you must not just hover over it, but continuously hold down the mouse button to select it, and the default (no hold mouse button) means you cannot do anything with the object. Whereas in GGClassic one click made that object active for editing........................ Absolute mess here.
{{ I can click on an object, and it's highlighted with an outline, but the above still pertains and it tells me (no object selected). }}

#6 You GOTTA have at least keys to press to move from vertical to horizontal object placement........! 'H' = horizontal, 'V' - Vertical. This would preserve the existing method while preserving the nerves of the users!

I also have to "hold the object // mouse down// " in order to make it static vs dynamic. And then it would be pretty cool if you could activate the dynamic behavior while in the editor. That option would be to make the object dynamic until it hit the ground, and then switch it to static to stay in place... ? IDK

#7 Oh crap -- when I hit 'V' while trying to move an object, suddenly I was painting all this green stuff over my crates on the hill and the crate disappeared! -- I guess grass painting or something came on?? 'V' for vegetation? Gotta be a better method than this sudden surprise. We can press 1 key to move between major procedures, but we can't have a key to change object @ Vert - Hor movement?

That's all for now folks, it took 4.5 hours just to download the editor (11 Gigs) because of my personal system download speed issue. I won't be doing that every week! I think I need to update a driver somewhere (5ghz?) IDK? stuff keeps changing up! I hope you all stay safe and jolly!
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2021 06:26 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2021 06:32
Welcome to the club

A lot of the things you mention are fixed in the latest builds . If you don’t post problems on GitHub they won’t be seen by the team

Quote: " 4 Selecting /rotating / moving things is a real hassle. I tried to put a crate on a hill like Lee demonstrated, okay, next rotating it in 'Y' and placing it again refused to cooperate. It would not accept the new rotation AND the conform to hillside. ------- Found out if you drag and hit 'R' while you are dragging it, it works. But you have to let it go to move across the EDITOR screen for sliding the rotation slider and in this respect, it does NOT work. I suggest a button where you place your crate down, place it in any rotation you want, then click one button to make it hug the terrain. "

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
AORUS B550 Master Motherboard
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
128 GB DDR4 RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2021 09:45 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2021 15:34
Quote: "A lot of the things you mention are fixed in the latest builds . If you don’t post problems on GitHub they won’t be seen by the team"

Granada is right .. Lee and the Team can and will converse with you directly if they need to on Github.
Posting bugs here will just be a wasted effort. Please post them on Github.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2021 10:45
Locked issues must be reported on GitHub
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:37:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:37:15