Product Chat (Early Access) / global.lua and its dependencies in GameGuru MAX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I want to rapidly improve my ability to write my own lua scripts (behaviors) in GameGuru MAX.
Learning lua scripting is not very difficult.
The most difficult task is learning the possible interactions of the lua scripts with the game engine.

For that purpose I started the creation of a large graphic charter where I am going to insert the most interesting commands contained in the "global.lua".

However I noticed that the "global.lua" in GameGuru MAX is referring to dependencies that aren't included in its "scripbank".

Nevertheless it won't prevent me to progress in my study of lua scripting in GameGuru MAX.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2021 17:24
Most of the functions described in global.lua are actually written in C++ and are part of the engine or one of it's constituent libraries (like the Bullet engine functions for example).

GG also comes with a few Lua libraries with useful functions (utillib.lua for example) which are documented in the library module script itself.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2021 19:40 Edited at: 10th Dec 2021 19:42
Hello AmenMoses,

I read this :
Quote: "As to Lua commands we all learn the same way, by trial and error mostly. When all the source code was available in GitHub I used to go see what the commands actually did but I no longer have that ability."
in your comment posted in this thread : https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/223187.

Your explanation relative to the entity names associated with their Id number helped me to endly have the desire to dive deeper in the study of scripting in GameGuru MAX.

I made experiments with a few game engines, sometimes with successful results, but my preference goes to GameGuru MAX because I liked so much programming in Dark Basic Pro with its wonderful plugins developed by great software engineers.

I am convinced that GameGuru MAX will have a worldwide success when its final version will be released.

We, the alpha testers, are assisting the programmers team and the artists of TGC staff in their difficult mission.

I know who are the V.I.P. members in this community (you, of course, are among them) and it is with enough modesty that I am posting comments in this forum.

However I may say that I've some good knowledge in some matters useful for the creation of video games. And I am convinced that many other members who wear no badges could write the same.

Your impressive collection of scripts that you freely offered to the members of this forum are very useful if you have the understanding of the Lua scripts in GameGuru (MAX or Classic).
That's why, step by step, I am trying to progress in that study.

Your comments are always welcome. Sharing ideas with an expert is a nice opportunity to improve ones knowledge of his/her speciality.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:04:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:04:19