Product Chat / Just bought GG on Steam but having physics issues.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, as the title suggests I just bought GameGuru on Steam, I'm running a laptop with AMD APU with Radeon HD 8550G built-in, when ever I run a GameGuru game anything to do with physics is completely broken, the walking is like molasses, running it all but useless as it does nothing.

This is pretty much putting me off looking at this engine as if I tweak the player speed settings I feel this could very well break the game on other systems, from what I can tell by looking at the metrics that walking speed is locked to the frames per second, I'm only getting a measly 15-18fps and I know my laptop can do better.

Also when tweaking graphics settings using tab x2, it has no noticeable effect regardless what settings I change.

I'm guessing it's possibly the APU that's to blame here or some weird incompatibility with it.

Currently have installed build 2021.09.14 September Fixes.
PM
Tauren
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PUBG,Conan Exiles,WoW,HoMM III,MoO 2,Master of Orion 2016
Posted: 5th Dec 2021 22:17 Edited at: 5th Dec 2021 22:22
Hello. Unfortunately, your GPU is relatively low-powered and does not meet the minimum requirements to run GuruGuru ( if I'm wrong, let the respected moderators correct me).

From my personal advice, I can advise the following:
In your folder "\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files\effectbank\reloaded" find the file " settings.fx "open the file with notepad, and inside find the lines :
//#define LAPTOP // Make everything faster for laptops, will also remove DOF,MB,SAO. Lower shadow, remove grass normals, distance improvements.
And remove the first characters "//" (this is the comment flag) .
Then in the folder "G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru" find file "setup.ini" and find this line:
forceloadtestgameshaders=0
Change this to value: forceloadtestgameshaders=1

then run the GameGuru (It will take a long time to load because the shader files will be recompiled)
then open any map and run (or just run your blank map), than leave from GameGuru and change the value back to: forceloadtestgameshaders=0 (inside setup.ini file).

All these manipulations will be set to ultra low graphics settings.
Thanks for your articles, explanations and examples. You are the best community I have met.
PM
RoadKill
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I'll check it out in the morning, I did find the an older build significantly improved on rendering performance and sliding bloom to 0.

Bloom just pushes it way to far.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:18:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:18:52