Product Chat / Steam sale vs Game Guru site sales ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
As the title says ?
How come the steam sales now are much better than buying asset packs from gameguru ?
After checking several packs, they are identical but much cheaper buying through steam.

If I purchase Gameguru Max with the none steam version, would a asset pack from steam still work with it?

Or would I need to buy a steam key for Gameguru Max to make use of the cheaper steam packs ?
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 27th Nov 2021 05:10 Edited at: 27th Nov 2021 06:38
Steam sells at regional prices, which may be cheaper based on your region, the website as far as I know sells is US dollar, albeit the discount is the same.

Assets via, steam or website makes no difference both will work, with or without steam, however if you get the non steam version, you will have to buy non steam version dlcs, as steam won't allow buying dlcs without the base product.

Win10 Pro 64bit----iCore7 4770k @ 3.5GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2021 11:31
Also just to note.
Classic dlc packs will probably not work fully without some form of alterations to max. it is completely different and so characters is a huge no at present to my knowledge also the quality is not good but each to their own. an instant smooth transition is not going to happen. I have found. The best transformation to dbo in max for me is wavefront obj. I normalise and shift centre etc. and do a multitude of actiins before saving to wave obj. Then when i get max open I add the object and it appears to work everytime i also do not use find floor i use the sliders and i always rotate 90° and centre and i use polygon as it seems to be the best and safest route. I tried a few times with convex and i cant enter my buildings but now i seem to hit it every time.
So do classic dlc's work yes but will need a lot of effort im guessing
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So do classic dlc's work yes but will need a lot of effort im guessing"

Well ones i have tried copy directly over without any problems ( direct copy not the best way though )

A user mentioned on Steam that non of the packs worked so i asked him which ones he had tried so i could test them and he suddenly went off on one Eventually he said the Easter pack did not work and PROBABLY nor do many others.

So i tried it and did a video for him to show my results. The Lava did not animate but pretty much all the others copied over fine.
At which point he went off on one again and reported my post. LOL
Another Xmas card i will not get . But ye if i did want any models from GG i would probably get them over via the importer but so far so good. some look pretty cool others do not depending on the age mostly and texture format used.

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:56:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:56:43