Product Chat (Early Access) / Assigned textures reverting to original ones

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I am having trouble with assigning of custom textures to models. Let's say I have a model that is already imported in the engine and I want to change the texture in editor by enabling the custom materials. So far it works well and the textures are displayed correctly, but the problem is that the textures keep reverting to the original ones.

This seems to happen quite randomly. Sometimes they revert back after selecting another entity or moving the selected model, but sometimes after reloading the level this does not happen, but the textures disappear again when saving the level. Sometimes this happens with all textures and sometimes for example just with the surface texture.

This behvior is quite puzzling to me. Anyone got any suggestions?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you reported the issue on Github ?
Its likely it will not be seen here by the Devs.
This would be the best place to post.
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Stoner
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your answer. I have reported the issue. Still, it would be interesting to hear if this happens to others or just me. I am surprised that nobody mentioned this before.
PM
Kitakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
I reported this on GitHub a few months ago. It was fixed for the most part (it still happened but was rare) but now seems to have reverted back and is happening quite often.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2021 11:36
I believe that it is only cause and effect; Currently, they are working on performance (cause), and there are many actors to take into account in the equation, therefore many of them will be affected by erratic behavior (effect).
I also remember that this problem had been fixed, but it has returned, like many others.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:36:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:36:14