Product Chat (Early Access) / a huge landscape with GG MAX (version 2021.11.19)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2021 12:22 Edited at: 21st Nov 2021 20:26
Hello,

I am glad to show a screen capture of the standalone version of a huge landscape created with GG MAX latest version (2021.11.19) .

A first start of that standalone version takes a few minutes.
It includes a few houses that I created with my modelers.
I am a big zero in programming with Lua scripting therefore I simply enjoy walking in the impressive landscapes created with GG MAX.

It can takes hours to discover all edges of such big landscapes.
In this example, it took me a few minutes to reach that house above the high hill while walking very fast.

SIze of the project : 900 MBytes

Link to a video (low quality) showing the walk through : https://vimeo.com/648261760
Thanks for watching

Edited later : link to download the standalone version of that project (zipped file = 668 MBytes) : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjokN1FU3jK1l3L-UEqZPwLe2GFC?e=trvAfU
Even if it is not already a game, there are two little challenges :

1) there are 3 spheres placed on the terrain. The first one is visible near the start position of the player. If you are patient enough you'll find the two other ones.
2) try to reach the house shown in the screen capture. It took me 17 minutes ...

Please, warning ! Loading that standalone version requires more than 5 minutes on its first launch. If the player dies and you need to restart then it takes only a few seconds.
As far as I could see, this standalone project uses more than 6 GBytes of Ram on the GPU and approximately the same size of Ram on the CPU.

You may use this project (work of a hobbyist) and the house (it is my creation) included in it for any purpose.
I made it for the fun : designing landscapes is now a true enjoyment with GameGuru Max.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
42pixels
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2021 10:47
I had a good look around your level, I even managed to find the edge! Though I did not find the second orb.

It is great to see the way the trees work as I missed out on the alpha builds, and I am still waiting for them to do the early release!

Trees look amazing, though did you notice on steeper slopes they tend to hover? Also, I think the load distance for tree shadows needs to be extended slightly.

Otherwise, thank you for the standalone demo that was brilliant to see! Also, with my specs, the initial load time was 5 minutes and 23 seconds.
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz, 32.0 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3777
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
42pixels, thank you for having "played" with the standalone version of that landscape designed with GameGuru MAX (Early Access 2021.11.19 's version).
The landscape designer of the latest update is quite good and particularly easy to use. As far as I remember, after having tested all the new features of that enhanced tool, I could create that huge landscape ( 25.000.000 square meters of editable and playable area) in less than two hours.
I tried to design a typical landscape that you could admire in the Meuse valley between the touristic city of Dinant (Belgium) and the French Ardennes (France).
I share in this online folder https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjokN1FU3jK1iTh78tBWNvVuc-Xy?e=yxogLv a few pictures that I took during my long bicycle rides in that beautiful country near from my native village.

Please note that you can edit smaller landscapes if you want a faster start of the standalone version of the game.

PM
42pixels
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2021 17:22
A skilled photographer too, I see!

I was excited to try it about, and it is very impressive. I can't wait to get my hands on it myself. I doubt I would make any landscape that big, at least not for any current planed projects but still it is great to know that it is possible. Thank you for your demo!
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz, 32.0 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3777
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
42pixels, thank you ! I took those pictures with a small pocket camera.
About some trees hovering on steeper slopes, I must admit that I trusted their automatic placement with the tool painting the trees.
In this Early Access version, a few other species of trees are provided.
I am convinced that you could create superb landscapes with GameGuru MAX thanks to your artistic skills.

I just found that you have a website (development in progress). I wish you a great success with it and with your community.

PM
42pixels
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2021 07:03
For a small pocket camera, you have captured those scenes very well and the quality is excellent. Very impressed from one photographer to another.

Well yes, in the early access version we expect these types of bugs and even so before they are fixed on a smaller scale it would not be hard to fix them individual if you know what you are looking for.

Honestly, I can't wait to make some amazing landscapes and I appreciate the kind words! I do have a website in development. It is where I will have my dev log and game releases once they are being developed properly.
Thank you very much for the well-wishes, if you ever want to join us on discord or our forum just let me know, and I can give you the details.
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
42Pixels, thank you for your invitation to join your community.

Even if I regularly visit the GameGuru forum, I don't often post comments there.
So many things to do in my daily life. And often at the end of the day I wonder what I've done to advance in my projects and in my other activities.

Day for me, night for you while the earth is revolving around the sun.

PM
42pixels
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2021 17:41
Life is certainly busy that is for sure, offer will always stand if you change your mind

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:42:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:42:38