Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2021 16:47
Hi All,

Here is a recording of today's broadcast:

And here are your answers:

Q> Will there be a blend or fade slider for the paint texture? Will terrain painting have some blending modes added at any point?
A> No, we have a better idea. The current terrain painter is the first pass which is designed for very large-scale mapping of material to the terrain. You can do simple paths that blend nicely enough but modern games require more finesse. We have a few ideas to apply an overlay paint system for higher detail blends and much more after EA.

Q> How do we get our Steam key if we pre-ordered Max with a TGC download?
A> You will find it on your TGC account Product Page. All pre-order users will have one.

Q> Does Max have post-processing?
A> Yes we have post processing built-in thanks to the Wicked Engine and you have some options you can change.

Q> Are we still going to be able to use our own sprayable surface and will we also be able to add our own sounds to that sprayable terrain? Can we change the default audio with the default sprays?
A> YOu will not be able to easily change the 32 terrain materials for the EA version, and those material choices are fixed. We will be opening this up to import custom textures and material types after EA.

Q> Can you change the skybox in max?
A> Yes you can choose from a selection of high-quality HDR skies or select sky simulation.

Q> Will Max in the future have a map of the terrain, i mean, the map of your own game in an interface?
A> There are no plans for adding an in-game map at this time. I am sure you could script one in LUA, but out of the box standard feature is not planned.

Q> Is there going to be a building editor like the previous game guru?
A> We currently have the Structure Editor hidden in the Developer Tools section (as it is experimental), but we have yet to agree on a final plan on its successor.

Q> For buying in your Website via PayPal you need a credit card or debit?
A> Yes you can pay via credit/debit card or by PayPal.

Thanks for all your great questions in the live char broadcast!
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2021 18:52 Edited at: 17th Nov 2021 18:52
Is there currently or are there plans to be able to hide/unhide entities already in a scene as you're editing a scene?

I have an item that has a light embedded inside it. In order to get to the light, to select it and make any changes to it's parameters, I need to move the entity it's inside of and then move it back when I'm finished. If I could hide/unhide the item, I wouldn't have to move it.

Is there or are there plans for an entity list of all entities (models, lights, etc.) used within a level?

I don't mean the Level Objects panel. I mean a list that shows each and every instance used in a scene. So, for example, if I had a model called "Column" and I used it 10 times in the scene, I could access the list and see all 10 of them, select them, and be able to possibly use that list to find the instance in my scene.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2021 20:36
Can you have a basic questions answered post?

Its the same questions over and over taking up some possible actually insight questions.

Questions like can they elaborate on lua commands implemented and what will be implemented

And what wont be put in.
I have none biped creatures that i want to use but it appears at present with the animation slots it does not work amd im sure others would like that info too

And is it to be worked on? Or will it be worked on? .
In the animation slots what commands does it recognise?
As in does it recognise
attack 2
Attack 1
Run
Walk
Idle
Would it recognise
Scratch head
Ahaking fist in rage etc. My point being whats the animation commands it will assign to ai?
Etc etc and will it be placed in to a general ai that we can use etc.?

Or
When they say after ea. Is that after the initial launch or after the finished version 1?

Can we have a road map for next years plans as in
Q1
World functions
Swimming water fx. Weather aystem, night n day. Beginning of rpg
Q2
vr, larger game world, optimise

You get the gist.
This will help with peolle like me moaning about stuff and stop us asking also informative and transparent amd people will rest aszured when they see whats coming and when

This i would. Of asked today if i was available and last. Week too. Alas i have again been informed the ebe is available but not being uprgraded and that its available on steam and i felt we were on game guru classics video at one point.

My point being useful good information has been sidetracked with classic multiplayer 3rd person and ebe
Nkt habing a go but almost a year of videos and stl the same questions
Be nice to have a good 10 mins on insight and questions not answered before

Ps if anyone can answer my above questions would be excellently welcomed

Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2021 20:41
Quote: "Is there or are there plans for an entity list of all entities (models, lights, etc.) used within a level?"

You can change the object panel to display a Detailed Object List
Then you can click any reference in the list and it takes you directly to the object.

Works great

OldFlak....
System Specs
i7-9700K 3.60GHz. ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 32GB Themaltake ToughRam Z-ONE 3600.
Main Screen: HP 27" @1920x1080 - Screens 2\3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider
aka Reliquia
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2021 21:17 Edited at: 17th Nov 2021 21:43
Thanks! Got it working now.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2021 11:58 Edited at: 18th Nov 2021 12:03
Quote: " Is there currently or are there plans to be able to hide/unhide entities already in a scene as you're editing a scene?"

This workaround is easy to apply :
1) select the item you want to temporarily "hide".
2) set a low value in the alpha channel of the "Base Color" and enable "Transparent" in its "Materials" Settings.

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2021 17:36
Question
The new terrain and nav mesh none nav mesh and removal of the message at the border is it still invisible barrier or can we now keep going or?

Just some information be good. As im not able to have a go till Thursday
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The new terrain and nav mesh none nav mesh and removal of the message at the border is it still invisible barrier or can we now keep going or?"

Hello science boy,

There is a big difference between the "Early Access" (2021.11.29) version of GameGuru Max and the previous alpha versions.
Indeed now the playable area is equal to the editable terrain ( 25.000.000 square meters).
Believe me, it is huge enough to hide something or someone in that area.
I may suppose that you can use a new area for each new level of your game.

Even if 25.000.000 square meters seems a limitation, in fact visually that 's not the case thanks to the procedural concept of the terrain giving a true feeling of visual infinity.

At the time I am writing this comment, I am uploading the standalone version of my huge landscape.
Link will be available soon in my dedicated topic posted earlier today.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:28:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:28:04