Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2021 17:15
Hi All,

Here is the recording of today's live broadcast:

And here are your questions I could not get to:

Q> Do you have sound effects for the water?
A> Yes we have splashes when the player enters the shallows and deeps and sounds when the player shoots the water.

Q> Are you happy with the progress and state of the engine? Are you confident to release it this month?
A> I am very happy with the development so far of the Games engine, and especially the choice to integrate Wicked Engine for the graphics. Writing a games engine is no small potatoe, but the team working on it are rock stars and we should have something special in the end.

Q> Can we set the material type when importing an object that can be walked on?
A> Currently you can set the material globally, but you cannot set the material per mesh. This is something I think artists will need and we are looking into it now.

Q> Will gameguru have a snow demo for frozen scenarios?
A> We are hoping some users will contribute a cool snow demo level this week, but eventually, we will have a convincing arctic scene for all to enjoy.

Q> Will we be able to make open-world games in game gur Mac?
A> There are no plans for GameGuru MAX to make open-world massive worlds. The current limit is 5km across, which is about an hours walking across the game level.

Q> About the waterfalls, rivers, caves is any chance to max support that? Btw I can see your effort on max and I can see you have too much work on that, good luck!
A> There are no plans for waterfalls or rivers in the EA version. We do see a need for these features, and they may come from third-party artists before we create specific systems for them.

Q> Can you use the haptic gamer vest with Game Guru Max?
A> There are no plans to support haptic devices with GameGuru MAX at the moment. We are looking to support some devices in 2022, so watch this space, especially if you are into VR.

Q> Do you plan to add vehicles to max ?
A> There are no plans to add vehicles to GameGuru MAX at this time.

Q> In the final release of Max there are any chance when you work in RPG genre, integrate a subgenre like survival medieval games that have such as many elements like RPG!
A> We will be cherry-picking common tropes from the RPG genre, and from these, I am sure you can create survival games and other hybrid/subgenres.

Q> And in the future, maybe third person???
A> There are no plans to add third-person gaming any time soon. We want to focus on first-person, and then extend that to the VR world.

Q> Is there any date for the final release of max?
A> There is a planned release date for the final release (the one that contains RPG and Puzzle), you will have to watch 2022 with bated breath!

Q> Why do models imported from blender into GGMax import 90 degrees from normal on the z axis?
A> This is the dark art of model formats and variants. You will always get models created in one system to look different in another. This is the natural product of too many standards and different interpretations of them. If this is a very common report from Blender users, we might have an import mode that can auto-correct this for mass importing.

Q> Because in my project i want to have third person and first for my survival game! Btw you have a work without be game development?
A> There are no plans to support third-person so GameGuru MAX is more than likely not for you on this particular project. It may come in the future, but first person is our focus right now

Thanks for all your questions, more answers next time on Wednesday 4 PM GMT.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 10th Nov 2021 17:49 Edited at: 10th Nov 2021 19:44
Quote: "Q> Why do models imported from blender into GGMax import 90 degrees from normal on the z axis?
A> This is the dark art of model formats and variants. You will always get models created in one system to look different in another. This is the natural product of too many standards and different interpretations of them. If this is a very common report from Blender users, we might have an import mode that can auto-correct this for mass importing."

This is common in all game engines with objects exported from Blender (although Unity actually added an automatic conversion for this on a recent update), this is because Blenders coordinate system uses Z as up, whereas most other 3D Software including game engines uses Y as up.

There are settings in the FBX exporter in Blender to fix this (try ticking the apply transform tick box when exporting).
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

Congratulations to the developers' team for their huge efforts with this latest version of Game Guru.
Here is a short video clip demonstrating that GG Max is now able to import rigged animated figures created with other applications ( Daz Studio 4 Pro, Makehuman + Blender).

http://cloud.movavi.com/show/937bc452-bcfc-48ab-a546-3c3a0e6fe23f

Included in the scene : Aiko 6 and a dinosaur from Daz Studio (with interactive license).
Daz Studio FBX animation converted in one shot in GLB format with Microsoft 3D viewer (Windows 10).

PM
JackDaniels
Years of Service
User Offline
The story board has become very good, it is now complete and it is a special pleasure that the accented letters of my language also appear.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:19:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:19:29