Product Chat / Building in my game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes im looking to implement players being able to build bases in my game and wondering how would i do that? i am not good with coding. i wanna be able to have walls ceilings doors hatches turrets and also storage. Any help would be great even tutorials will help!
PM
42pixels
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2021 07:35
This would be a very cool feature, for sure. I would like to know if this is possible too.
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz, 32.0 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3777
jjumisko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2021 00:51
I think the reason you have not gotten a reply yet is because this is so far out of the wheelhouse of GameGuru's capabilities. COULD you build a game that does this in GG, yes. Could you do this without coding? There is no way possible to do this without learning some Lua and developing a plan for implementation. The mechanic you describe seems pretty simple on the face of it, because most games that have this feature make it very easy for the PLAYER, but this is not a simple task to implement from a game development point-of-view.

Think about simplifying your game a bit. Maybe working toward your player being able to build something by stepping on a trigger zone. That alone would keep you busy for a while, trust me. If I knew how to do this in Lua, I would totally help you, but I work in C# in Unity, and have limited Lua knowledge.

My advice to you would be to think of game ideas that work within the first-person or third-person point of view - maybe a sort of open world survival game. You can pretty easily do some of it with trigger zones, hurt zones, and health zones. All of the nature stuff is in the software already, even with a few shacks and and props. Maybe if you pick up the right piece of wood, you could trigger a small shack getting built.

One thing I have found in these forums is that if you ask for help on smaller pieces of your puzzle, you'll get answers from people pretty readily. Rather than, "How can I create a base building game"?", you might want to try asking, "How can I get my player to make something appear in the game world?" I'm not trying to be difficult, but I know it can be frustrating to ask questions and not get an answer. I hope this is at least a bit helpful.

Jeff
Acer Nitro 5
2.4 GHz Core i5
GeForce GTX1050
32Mb SDRAM
PM
DoomTucan
Years of Service
User Offline
well i guess i will have to come up with something cause if this engine cannot have base building i will just have to thing of something then
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:20:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:20:13