Product Chat (Early Access) / What I'm looking for from GGM

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2021 18:46
Hi all.

My desire is to make games that I play myself. So... I'm looking for lots of RNG. I'm hoping it will be possible to have random spawn locations for ammo, weapons, health pickups, and even NPCs. And also to connect levels in a random order. The goal would be to surprise myself, and get some replayability as well. I've done a lot of coding, so learning LUA will not be a problem.

And this will be even more important to me later, when RPG is added to GGMax, because... random dungeons.

Any thoughts?
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2021 19:24
I know that cybernescence has done some pretty impressive pioneer work with randomly generated dungeons in GG classic so its possible within the given framework but I would not count on this being added out of the box. As you said, you seem willing to code it yourself so given the informations I have right now, this might be very well doable in max.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 29th Oct 2021 21:10 Edited at: 29th Oct 2021 21:30
Quote: "The goal would be to surprise myself"

@Rich Dersheimer ,, This is exactly why i battle to just make a game for anyone to play, i also would like to play my game and by just placing npc down and knowing were they will be at that point of time in the game does not surprise me, maybe the people who one day will play it will be surprised, but not me ,, that's why i always try to use stuff like the ai_wanderer script on npc, or use random spawn functions when you arrive at a specific point in the game. and unfortunately i have also lost all my W.I.P maps and user scripts a while back when they updated the new install faction in Max were they remove all the user files in max with new update, unfortunately for me at that point in time i had Max and Classic in the same Steam folder , so Max deleted basically all my user stuff in Classic. So its been very hard to get my models back and scripts and also my mindset back to positive , but im trying one-step at a time.

All the best for you. hope you will have success with your game or projects, just make sure you don't make the same mistake as i did with max and Classic in the same steam folder.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 08:28:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 08:28:11