Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2021 16:38
Hi All,

Here is the recording of today's broadcast:

And here are the answers to questions not answered in the live chat:

Q> ​Will there be any sort of cutscene tool in the engine? Or is it something either for the future as a ''maybe''? Or not at all, and only with tools available in the store?
A> There are no plans to have a cutscene editor in GameGuru MAX. I believe this may be provided by a third party however

Q> Will there be sound effects that act like "audio spotlights".. Example, sound that can be heard in front of a tannoy system but not from behind so much, in other words a cone of sound?
A> There are no plans to add 'cones of sound', only 3D sounds that are point based.

Q> I pre-ordered when gameguru Max first started with your company telling me they do not see where I pre-ordered could you please check into this for me before I preorder again?
A> Best thing to do is contact our support system and we can then track down your email/account details and see where your order went.

Q> ​Are there any speed optimizations to do as since terrain was added I have been getting 30 fps?
A> Yes we have a few big optimizations still to perform. If you can post the MS count to the right of the terrain related metrics when you press TAB in Test Level (or even better a screenshot), we can see if your system is CPU or GPU bound when it comes to terrain.

Q> ​Will the weapon templates you mentioned be for Blender?
A> There will be no specific support for Blender files, the ones we use internally are ".MAX" files (strangely enough), but we will certainly listen to those interested in getting exports of different formats as required.

Q> ​Is there a recommended graphics program for customizing GG assets?
A> We have no specific recommendation, but the best place to start is our GameGuru forums as many community members use a variety of tools to customize the assets for their games.

Q> ​What about if you wanted to use the auto-generated terrain but only wanted a single island 5km in size?
A> We are adding a function to allow the edges of the editable area to be sank into the ocean so you end up with an island

Q> Can you make multiplayer games?
A> Multiplayer games are not supported in the first release of GameGuru MAX.

Q> Is MAX going to have Fantasy, medieval, etc attachments?
A> After we have got the shooter genre to a high visual, performance and gameplay quality (modern game standard), then we do have plans to expand MAX to support RPG and Puzzle genre's, which of course means lots of Medieval assets for you

Thanks for all your questions, more answers for you next Wednesday at 4 PM BST.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice to hear there are some speed optimisations left to do and that we will be able to lower the terrain down for islands
Here are a couple of screens to show the fps drop I mentioned.

Default terrain.

Flat terrain. I get varying fps on a flat terrain, it seems to drop considerably when I look in a specific direction.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2021 21:01
Good to hear plenty of work to do on optimising and on areas

Very very very very extremely happy he is looking into making the world bigger

Very happy we get templates for C. C.

Very happy with the fog

Very happy with progress now

1. Will we get better underwater efx?

2. When do we get the Night and day implementation? And do we get a moving moon? (something similar to rolfy moving sky)

Oh and when donwe get to sculpt paint terrain and add the grass again
?
Im sure plenty to do before we get them though
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, be nice when we can edit the terrain ourselves. The auto gen is cool, but to place any buildings etc really need to be able to make the terrain editable. Pretty sure that will be included fairly soon.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2021 21:37
Yes indeed they are probably going ten to the dozen. Lots to do before the release. Glad you have been reassured though Dvader. Be a shame to lose a pioneer like yourself.
Very good we are getting a bit nearer to having control
im happily walking in my twinworlds new inn today. Looks good. I have a lot of content now to add i have upped my game. City foundations castles dungeons city houses and buildings. Entire new props even updated thentrees with reskins. Upped some good music and sound effects.
I still have plenty to do though i have citys and hamlets farms inns country extras and more atmospheric music and efx. Gonna get a voice actor or 2 props indoor and outdoor gonna slowly remove traces of guru models and attempt this week to make cc parts
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 08:24 Edited at: 30th Sep 2021 08:24
Quote: "Q> ​Will the weapon templates you mentioned be for Blender?
A> There will be no specific support for Blender files, the ones we use internally are ".MAX" files (strangely enough), but we will certainly listen to those interested in getting exports of different formats as required."

These need to be supplied in a format that any 3D modelling software can import otherwise they're useless, not everybody can afford thousands of pounds for a license to use 3DS Max, considering your customer base is almost exclusively hobbyist and indie devs you need to cater more for low income customers who are your bread and butter and providing things like this in format that can only be edited in software that costs thousands to use is shooting yourself in the foot.
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@Belidos. Agreed. I remember this same discussion for Game Guru. Easy to use Gamemaker, but need an industry professional modelling package to use any supplied templates. Doesn't make sense. I can understand the artists making media for Max likely use 3DS Max, but us average joes, will mostly be using Blender or similarly priced package. Doesn't have to be a .blend, just something that can be imported or loaded in easily.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
plenty of professionals use blender too so it's certainly not some niche market, i agree it would make much more sense to look into adding blender as an option - .fbx would be fine too imo and would cover a very large range of software
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 12:07 Edited at: 30th Sep 2021 12:19
Well if its a format that is universal and available to all users. I have 4 i use crafter for main construction and basic animation and the first software i learnt, zbrush for my sculptures as in beasts and fluid shaping and making trees and animation and i use fragmotion for tranfer to other formats and blender only recently downloaded

I think that the arms need to be editable and maybe in the same way as character creator. You attach parts to the hands/arms and make it unique and when happy you add the anims and what weapon if any then save as a package
Thats a perfect creator
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 16:34 Edited at: 30th Sep 2021 16:36
I was only thinking last night that shooters are very biased towards right handed people Minor point in the general scheme of things, but having a way to edit the existing arms a little would be useful. What if, during the course of the game they lost a hand? They'd have to switch to their remaining hand. What if they strapped a chainsaw onto their missing hand? Options are always good for creativity. Not that I'm suggesting Max needs this out the box, but a game that did this would be pretty cool

Might be possible if they could mirror the arms to get either hand as main gun one though
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 19:40
Well anything that lets us delve in and attempt to make the game our own. I think if they work off animations and basic arms we can change for example play with the textures can manipulate to make arms with tattoos scars rotting arms if a zombie is your aim. Attach gauntlets or gloves or shirts tshirts robes armour etc you click meld and theres your arms then the weapons can be attached possibly I'm guessing thats the hard part
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2021 09:32
Optimising is the hard part of developing game engines. i think lee could do that on his best way.
Desktop: corei5, ram32, graphic card6GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2021 13:33
Have to agree with Belidos.

Wherever and whenever possible, should always support and encourage Open Source tools.
The big guys have had their day already - 3DMax is nothing short of a rip-off after all, just go check their price list. Why you would want to give any support to that is beyond me - lol

OldFlak....

System Specs
i7-9700K 3.60GHz. ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 32GB Themaltake ToughRam Z-ONE 3600.
Main Screen: HP 27" @1920x1080 - Screens 2\3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider
aka Reliquia
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2021 17:43
@ Lee
I agree it should be different file formats support, but please, don't miss include 3ds Max format, as well.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2021 21:22
Yes just upload 4 types
3ds max is up there with extortion and blackmail

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:15:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:15:45